don't click here

Danganronpa Series Discussion [SPOILER WARNING]

TheBlueRenegade

Play Sonic Mania
Sep 5, 2017
United Kingdom

Since I haven't seen a dedicated thread to the series and I'm quite a huge fan myself, I thought I'd make a thread for the Danganronpa video game/anime series.
For those out of the loop, Danganronpa is a series of visual novels developed by Spike Chunsoft, that mainly revolve around the idea of student prodigies; the "Ultimates" or "Super High Schoolers". They attend a high-class school called Hope's Peak Academy, where hope is always certain.
However, a robot bear called Monokuma soon takes over the school and forces 16 students into a "mutual killing game". This game requires a student to murder another in order to escape the school (aka graduate) and pass the class trial undetected, however this will result in everyone else's execution. Though if the students are able to find out 'whodunnit', then the murderer will be executed.
The first game revolves around Makoto Naegi, described as the "Ultimate Lucky Student" as he is forced into the mutual killing game along with characters such as Kyoko Kirigiri, Byakuya Togami, Kiyotaka Ishimaru and Sayaka Maizono.
The second game revolves around Hajime Hinata with a similar premise, though on a series of islands collectively called "Jabberwock Island" with a whole host of new students, like Nagito Komaeda and Chiaki Nanami.
The third installment is in the form of an anime series, with a "Future Arc" and "Despair Arc" and a spin off game titled "Ultra Despair Girls". I won't go into detail with these since you should really play the first two games beforehand.
There's also Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony that will be localised in English on 26th September.

You can talk about any of the Danganronpa installments in this thread so be wary of spoilers. Which is your favourite installment? Any favourite characters? Any executions made you shed a tear? Tell us here!

Clouder

The one and only
Aug 29, 2017
the anime was a mistake and should have never been made

it's your choice to decide which one i'm talking about

Reactions: Sly4Good