Game Big Game Project (Project PNG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconEgg

Green Hill Zone
Apr 3, 2018
So for the past year I’ve been working on a game project. First of all, it’s not a fangame, it uses a new engine built from Clickteam Fusion, and it’s not a Sonic Worlds game. I’ve done Sonic Worlds stuff in the past, but this is my own new engine. Also, if you need to call it something, call it Project PNG. No that doesn’t stand for portable network graphics, it stands for Purple Ninja Guy. That’s the original code name for the game.
Details:
•It has elements of Sonic, such as momentum and some other similar physics related things.
•The style is 2D collectathon, but I’ll still include some speed running stages
•The game has a combat system, sorta similar to smash bros, but not the same
That’s all I want to share about the game, and no I don’t want to show any screenshots. Not in its current state. However, I am willing to give screenshots to moderators to prove the game’s existence. I don’t want anybody to leak my game in its current state, and if I show screenshots here I’m practically leaking it myself. The game does exist in a somewhat playable state with the physics and controls mostly implemented, although almost every sprite is missing so there isn’t much to show. That’s the problem with the game though. I’ve spent 90% of development doing spritework. Now I’m on my 8th or 9th sprite reboot and I’m only now satisfied with the results. It takes hours to finish a single animation though, so if anybody wants to help with that, please do. If you offer help I’d like to see an example of your work, and then I’ll give you some reference sheets for the sprites. Anyone who helps on the game also gets the screenshots and payment later on (assuming the game is finished). I don’t have money yet because I haven’t released the game yet (yes I will charge for the final game). Having two people work on the game would logically double development speed. I don’t expect anybody to help, because to be fair I haven’t shown my character design. Remember though, that’s because I don’t want to reveal that much of the game at this point in time. Just think of this as the initial announcement.
Moderators! Ask for the screenshots and I’ll get you some, but I don’t want to show them to everybody yet. Don’t give anybody the screenshots if I show them to you.

Reactions: Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

BaconEgg

Green Hill Zone
Apr 3, 2018
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH SPRITES
I'm having a lot of trouble getting the game to work properly with the missing sprites, but the lack of visual cues is making it hard to play test. i'm working on reference sheets for the sprites so if anybody wants to join the project, it would be much appreciated. Also, although I do want the game to have smooth animations, I have gotten practice smoothing choppy animations, so if I want a 12 frame animation I'm fine with a 6 frame animation because I can add in-between frames. Thanks to anybody who helps (though again I really don't expect anybody to help).

Valeev

Moderators
Aug 14, 2017
Russia
If you think your project is not ready for presentation, there is probably no need to start any kind of presentation, even small. Your chances to get someone to help are very small because people have no idea what are you doing. Description is not enough, substantial proof is needed when you are going to work on any complex projects.

I'm sorry, this thread is probably violating rule 5.1 and 5.3 from the guidelines. You can fix that by adding additional info right here.

Or appeal for opening this thread later.

BaconEgg

Green Hill Zone
Apr 3, 2018
If you think your project is not ready for presentation, there is probably no need to start any kind of presentation, even small. Your chances to get someone to help are very small because people have no idea what are you doing. Description is not enough, substantial proof is needed when you are going to work on any complex projects.

I'm sorry, this thread is probably violating rule 5.1 and 5.3 from the guidelines. You can fix that by adding additional info right here.
Oh, well this is months old. I made more progress since then. I don't really expect to get help any time soon, so I'm fine with taking the game down. I think I can handle everything with development for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.