don't click here

Beginner 3D Sonic engine for a Fan game?

TheUnknownDragon111222

Green Hill Zone
Dec 20, 2018
nah
I'm looking for a 3D, more adventure-style engine that isn't too complicated, since I haven't made many games so far. Optimization shouldn't be a huge problem as I'm planning on using relatively low-poly models. I figured this would be the best place to ask, as it is the hub of most Sonic fan games. Thank you so much!

Reactions: NeedleMouse90

P3DR0

Administrator
Apr 26, 2017
Brass Hill Zone, Act 2
Unity is probably the easiest to learn when it comes to 3D Software, not to mention there's frameworks available for it such as HedgePhysics or Bumper Engine.
You could also try Unreal Engine 4 which features a powerful visual scripting system for people not too familiar with programming to be able to create more complex and advanced things, however, if you are planning on doing a 3D game or fan game, you should definitely know a good amount on programming!

eMorph

Stuck in Marble Zone Act 3
Dec 5, 2019
Unity is probably the easiest to learn when it comes to 3D Software, not to mention there's frameworks available for it such as HedgePhysics or Bumper Engine.
You could also try Unreal Engine 4 which features a powerful visual scripting system for people not too familiar with programming to be able to create more complex and advanced things, however, if you are planning on doing a 3D game or fan game, you should definitely know a good amount on programming!
There's the DashEngine framework for it, which can do Adventure and has adjustable physics values, and that might help a little, but UE4 can still be confusing.