Menu

Welcome!

Sonic Fan Games HQ is the largest resource for Sonic the Hedgehog fan gaming on the web and home to SAGE, the annual Sonic Amatuer Games Expo! We specialize in engines, sprites, music, gameplay, levels, gimmicks, the whole eight yards! Got a project you want to show off? Need some help with your game? Or maybe you just want to connect with creators and fans alike! No matter why you're here, hit that register button below to join the fun and start creating today!

1. Hey Guest!

We just updated our SFGHQ Rules & Guidelines. Give them a read, it might just save your life!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest!

Our pals from the SHC are going to be running the Sonic Hacking Contest a little later this year, a bit after SAGE! You should totally check it out by clicking here!

Dismiss Notice

Fan Game ATTENTION: "Sonic Gather Battle" fangame is malware

Discussion in 'Creation Labs' started by GerbilSoft, Dec 10, 2017.

1. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft E Rank Member

The fangame "Sonic Gather Battle" is malware.

• If you attempt to search for "Hack" or similar keywords while the game is running, it will attempt to kill the browser.
    • If it thinks you're trying to tamper the game, it will remotely blacklist your system, and the only way to unblacklist it is to convince the developer that you're not trying to steal his precious sprites.
    • It exhibits a lot of other malware-like behavior, including storing a hash of your system information on a remote server, and creating a DLL file, loading it, and deleting it.
    More information: https://www.reddit.com/r/SonicTheHe..._fangame_sonic_gather_battle_has_a_malicious/

This game was previously featured in SAGE 2016. Needless to say, the developer is now banned from SAGE.

2. YB-san

YB-san 麻宮アテナ行きます〜!

i'm all for permission/credit with sprites and whatnot, but wow this guy's going really far with his garbage

3. DarkVampireDee

DarkVampireDee Friendly Vampire Pixel Artist

4. TheMarioAmigos

TheMarioAmigos Sonic Forces everyone to be memes

I used to find a way to play the game, but wow, the man behind it is like a baby that like owns everything that is in the fangame.
    He is stupid, if he came in, prepare your pitchforks!

5. Steveno98

Steveno98 E Rank Member

To my great good fortune, I never played it before it became aware of this shocking news, otherwise my personal data would certainly be at risk.

But then all this mess to protect in a miserable "his" sprites, and I put the quotes because they are not really his own, then maybe there may be some sprite made by him but I would still doubt.