don't click here

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG [SAGE 2018 DEMO]

Pros
  • Graphics are so good they look better than most games of this gen.
  • Turning is like the Adventure games.
  • Sonic's jumping mechanics are close to the Adventure games.
  • Mach Speed section controls FAR better than the original.
  • Smaller objects in the Mach Speed sections won't damage Sonic.
  • Glitch that makes you randomly skip the snowboard section. :)
Cons
  • Sonic runs at the same speed as retail '06 which is not what the developers intended. (XBLA/TGS06 is 17, E3 is 20)
  • Jumpdash doesn't provide enough distance.
  • Homing attack range is too short and moves too slowly.
  • Snowboard is a bit slippery; lack of control compared to the Adventure games. Braking is also unreliable at times, though it's better than the original.
  • Snowboard jump "charge" takes too long.
  • Lack of momentum for normal Sonic. Slopes don't affect his speed.
  • Too much debris in the Mach Speed section.
  • Cars in the snowboard section make you lose rings.
These new game mechanics are hell a lot better than the original.
I also love the new shaders like Motion blur and Ambient occlusion.
The physics have been greatly improved I also like the new camera angles.
But, there were some stuff that I didn't like for example: sonic is a little bit slow he need to be faster and the homing attacks needs to be faster.
I also hope that they merge the stages section into one level without any loading in gameplay.
This would be a good demo if it could actually run on my PC/lower end PCs, you really need an option to either remove or tone down the effects because the two other demos ran fine on my PC. From what i've seen though it seems to play niècely and looks fantastic!
  1. Range of Homing Attack was greatly reduced that causes of frequent misses the target, and Still no target mark on it.
  2. After "Homing Attack" and "Bounce Attack" Sonic cannot freely maneuver in the air as in previous games.
  3. Light Dash and Bounce Attack is still bound to one button, so you might still accidentally do a Second when what you need is First.
  4. The camera work is Terrible, it never giving player a good view on what's going on behind or below the player, it's especially annoying when you need to jump on platforms in the Tornado or use a Homing attack on enemies in the air, Camera doesn't bother giving you a good view of where exactly are the platforms and enemies.
  5. Snowboarding sections needs a huge redesign to work better with the new physics controls.
  6. There are too many unfair obstacles that appear at the last moment and from which is almost impossible to dodge, such as worms that climb straight ahead of the player.
Runs great and is a joy to play :)
Pros:
  • Improved Snowboard handling and physics.
  • Sonic controls better and isn't too sensitive with movement controls.
  • Slightly better Homing Attack that doesn't make you lose your speed.
Cons:
  • You can get stuck on Broken Building parts in the snowboarding sections, especially the ones that spawn out of explosions, which you normally wouldn't see coming.
  • There's a pit in the first snowboarding section where Sonic hints at holding the jump button to get out of a pit, you can get stuck there because the hint disappears very quickly and doesn't really explain how you're supposed to get out of there.
  • Light Dash is still bound to Spindash button, so you might still accidentally do a Bounce Attack when what you really need is Light Dash, this needs to be set to a different button.
  • Sonic feels slower for some reason, as does his Homing Attack ability, I fell multiple times because of failed Homing Attack attempts because of how imprecise it is
Good demo and graphic update, but default keyboard settings is not good.
I have been waited so long for this one since the announcement and... I really love this one. It have own problems but still I think it's cool, very cool. Thank, Sonic NEXT!
Классно. Жду когда выйдет полная версия.
My favorite level, Crisis City, looks so beautuful in this remake. I really love it! Keep up your great work!