Sonic Smackdown

Project Overview

Gameplay heavily inspired by Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Sonic Smackdown brings the fast paced combos and intuitive controls to the Sonic franchise. You'll be able to pull off combos at blazing speeds which only Sonic and crew are capable of!
Gameplay features:
  • 8 Playable Characters
  • Arcade Mode
  • Versus Mode
  • Training Mode

Download HERE

Join our
Discord-Logo+Wordmark-White.png

become_a_patron_button.png
to help us on our game dev journey!​

Screenshots and media!

Official Launch Trailer by @D_TheHedgehog

Woolie Wools playing Sonic Smackdown

Sonic Smackdown @ CEOTAKU - Loser's Round 4 Nope vs ShinJay / Loser's Finals Nope vs Blizzinam

Sonic Smackdown @ CEOTAKU - Grand Finals Nope vs Ravioli

Bonus Content

XInput device required to play. Online play is disabled due to development but if you wish to play with others over the internet, you may use Parsec in Versus mode.

If you've had the chance to play Sonic Smackdown, please take the time to fill out this really quick survey about your experience? It would be greatly appreciated!

Take the survey here!

Credits

Lead Developer: Streak Thunderstorm
Lead Programmer: Meinukey
Secondary Programmer: BwdYeti

Special Thanks:
Andrew75
D_TheHedgehog

Follow us on twitter at
https://www.twitter.com/ArcForged

Latest reviews

This has pretty good potential

If it's finished with a decent amount of roster and content, refined gameplay, fixed character expressions, basic and somewhat advanced options or settings and modding capabilities once it's finished this could be the best Sonic Fighting game period.

I've been playing plenty of fighting games but i don't consider myself a person that can give the right feedback for a fighting game, thankfully i don't need to for this one in particular because most of the gameplay it's pretty good as it is, how it controls, how it feels, how the characters move and interact with eachother, almost everything it nails on the right spot which is what is making many people sharing this game.

The character roster of course could always bigger since the Sonic Franchise has a big cast tho which ones get to be picked to join in this game is left to be seen (tho this being a fangame i don't see much problem thinking who could or should be added), there could be plenty more to be added but that's where the mods comes into play.

The music choice for the stages are just fine, it kind of gets me in the mood for fighting though i could've picked other tracks for those stages but that's why i keep bringing up the mods.

The characters animations are mostly good as well, nothing much to say about it except that they fit well for the character you are playing as.

Overall it's pretty good and can be easily be much better once it's finished and even expanded by the community tho that's where we have to wait and see.

For now that's all i have to say about it since this is not finished.
Last edited:
Reactions: NeedleMouse90

Comments

Fun, but doesn't have much going for it for now
Sadly, there is only 2 player mode available for now, aside from training mode. Hopefully in the next release or update we will get a proper Arcade mode.
As of now, it's just a 6/10 but it can get better. Or so I really hope.

This game looks really great, and I really want to try it out, which is why I'm hoping that this game gets a Mac version. I hope it wouldn't be too much trouble to make, but I really wanna try this game out and I'm sure there are many others on Mac wishing to play this game.

Tengo un problema con el juego no se porque el juego no tiene sonido no tiene ni música ni nada no escucha nada me gustaria saber como resolver este problema pls; -;

Item information

Added by
StreakThunderstorm
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in SAGE 2019

Share this item