don't click here

Sonic - Project Hero (2019 Demo out NOW!)

Hero should be commended and sort after by SEGA. This demo is not only the best control for Sonic I've experienced, in the entirety of Sonic's rocky transition to 3D, neigh it's one of the best experiences I've had with Sonic. The seem-less integration of the drop dash from Sonic Mania and items from Sonic 3 completes a very empty space in SEGA and Sonic Teams vision of the characters gameplay. Fans are creating the best experiences, it started with Christian Whitehead, and dare I say it will be completed with Hero.

I'm blown away!
Captures the finesse of Sonic's original gameplay in 3D. What more can you say?
An excellent engine for Sonic and friends, giving the player full control over each characters' movement style. Just a few kinks left to iron out.

I absolutely love this demo, and can't wait to see what comes next with this Engine. Project Hero definitely provides one of the most fun, engaging, and freeing Sonic experiences I've ever played, and this is only a tech demo!

The ability to control sonic completely even at high speeds is a HUGE plus. Being able to quickly turn 90 to dodge around a badnik feels super satisfying.

The added bonus of the Extreme Gears is a beautiful example of how much the devs love Sonic and his lore. the gears control so smoothly. My only critique of the gears would be that you can't switch drifting sides without exiting the drift animation (as in start drifting left and then switch sides to drift right before breaking and boosting forward). If they fixed that it would be the most smooth gear experience I've seen yet!

As far as sonic controls, the only big gripe I have with this control scheme right now is without boost pads there's very little way for Sonic to make it around the loops without spindashing. Normally running, without the ability to boost (which if they integrate boost pads would not be that big a deal) makes it very difficult to build up enough speed to make it around the loops without slowing to a halt and falling off halfway through (which is an interesting thing, considering the donut shaped piece of land works 100% of the time.) Definitely think they should at least show what a boost pad would act like in this Engine, because for faster sections of a level it would be nice to have those, although still without losing control of the character.

Besides that, I've been loving this demo to bits! You guys are doing great work, keep it up! Can't wait to see the game you guys make off this engine. ^w^
K
KS0n1c07
same!!! PLZ HELP
F
FireMcFox
hey guys, you can download the file but you will need winzip to open the file to play the game. Enjoy!
B
BigBrainHighIQ
For the people having issues with the spinning camera, the way I fixed it was unbinding the camera control and just like that, it was gone. Hope this helps one of you
Lets get this out of the way..

Cons:

-No rail-grinding.
-Light speed dash doesn't connect or stay on a trail very consistently.
-Momentum-based homing attack doesn't feel as fluid as I thought it would. (But that's just a nitpick, I thought the angle would be more like in Sonic GT.)
-Homing attack is sometimes difficult to use when going at high-speeds because it won't hone-in on enemies.
-Camera will occasionally keep moving towards the floor again and again, forcing me to close the game. (I originally thought this was a controller issue, but when I disconnected my Xbox controller, it still kept going. I don't have any other controllers connected.)

Pros:
-LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE OMG THIS IS ACTUALLY MY FAVORITE GAME EVER- *cough*, uhh sorry about that.

100/10

PS:Seriously though, this game is amazing. I probably would've given this a 4.5 star rating if that was possible on this website, but it's not. I rounded up because that's how math-class works and because this demo is legitimately my favorite game ever. I don't care if there are no levels. I've been watching this project from the beginning and it has been well-worth the wait. Every movement, every option, every detail feels like something that adds to the gameplay. Everything is meant to flow into everything else and I LOVE it. Thank you, Hero.

-G
Reactions: Kaji Fitzpatrick
J
Joseph A. Rose
I'm using the Logitech Gamepad F310, and I'm having trouble. Can someone please tell me what is the Input of It?
EDIT: Never mind. It's on the Options menu where General and Controls Were.