don't click here

Sonic Grand Tour Fan Game Demo 1

this camera is so unbelievably frustrating I wish I could turn off automatic airborne camera movement, camera lookdown when falling. if there's an option to toggle all this of in settings let me know. also invincible egg boss would be way cooler if you could actually run up the wall instead of doing a wall jump slide. but that could be another boss where you fight in a dome so this isnt much of an issue it just felt a bit missed. Why does sonic hate shadow? Sonic is quite out of character in a lot of these cutscenes. anyways level design is so awesome and you know sonic's voice actor is a bit less annoying than roger so it's a win. the game would be a perfect experience without these issues
Last edited:
Penuip
Penuip
When will the game be fully finished the game seems fun so far
Sonic GT is a very replayable game, first and foremost. I think I can say that easier than anything else because I hold a skipless verified record at the time of posting this. But I think along the way some issues in handling the game and such have disappeared, which were a little bad as a newcomer. Getting probably my largest issue out of the way first, the individual routes once you get on them feel very claustrophobic. Of course you can get off them at any time and go to another, likely wider route but to stay on you need a better handle on Sonic than you'd expect. Sonic's control plays into this too, as getting him to turn exactly as you want at any given moment isn't as easy as it could be.
Buuuuut the mechanics and level design are incredibly well-put-together otherwise, and I'm looking forward to future content from this game as it gets further polished and expanded.
I honestly don't participate much in trying many of the fangames, many are just not that good if we're being honest. But Sonic Grand Tour, or Sonic GT, surprised me. The setup is having you take control of Sonic (duh), in probably one of the biggest open-ended level I've seen in a fangame. It's like Sonic Adventures' level design, times a thousand and its truly breathtaking. But I had some issues, first one is Sonic doesn't control quite well, sure it might be the Bumper Engine's fault, but Sonic's overall control doesn't feel right in this kind of setup. One last thing, and people might not like this, is the level design itself. Again, the amount of things you can do is amazing, but I feel it's a little too much. One issue is the length of the level, even on speedruns, it kinda overstayed its welcome. And the multi pathways really didn't add much & felt part of the main path, rather than bratching from it to creating a new journey all together.
Part 1 [2 many words]

This is... one of the most polished demo I ever seen. Everything is fun and entertaining.
  • CONTROLS
I love advanced controls and this game delivered it to me. There are your standard BE stuff, but also Stomp, which is very, but very useful with spindash and also dropdash for Modern Sonic is neat.
  • LEVEL DESIGN
That's the most complex stage I ever seen in platformer. And even with all those paths it's still easy to see where you must go. With each subsequent attempt player got more and more experienced and can pass hard & shorter section as fast as longer, easy path.
  • TIME ATTACK
Heavily inspired by Sonic Mania, works great in 3D.
  • RED RINGS HAUNT
I was the most worried about this mode. I thought, that searching for red rings on such a large map will be confusing, but doing this with radar is something quite different. It's like warm-cold game. Really relaxing.
Reactions: philRacoIndie