don't click here

Sonic Eclipse (SAGE '21 Demo)

The fangame really has very good visuals and ost, but sins in level design, it is not horrible after all offers a good level of platforming and is not only hold right and win, however the enemies and death holes are very poorly positioned, have too many enemies, and to worsen have enemies and holes in sections of speed forcing the player just to move on rolling. The fangame has good ideas for zones and everything, just need to improve in level design because it has potential. In case I wrote something wrong I used the translator.
I must say that this game does quite a few things right - characters control correctly, the Advance cast is there, visuals in the later zones are nice (with my favorite being the volcano) and the music is not bad. But the levels themselves? The first zone is around 2 minutes long and it's mostly going from hold right to proceed on above ground sections and go left-right in the underground sections. There's also a really funny glitch in there, probably the most fun part of the zone, where you can use Knuckles to glide forward in one of the downward slope sections before the signpost to skip the end of the stage and go out of bounds, dying in the water once you reach the actual end of the zone. The two zones afterwards present some nice concepts such as being careful with jumps and riding the Tornado, but both of them are over in less than a minute. And then it just... goes on and on. There's nothing really new after those 3 zones. The ground badnik AI also seems to have a life of it's own, being more focused on dancing in place than actually working. Overall, this isn't bad, but I didn't really have a lot of fun playing this.
Last edited: