don't click here

Sonic Chaos - Turquoise Hill Demo

Alright, I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, because I know Sonic Chaos is currently one of the biggest and most popular projects here on SAGE 2018, but it's simply not as fantastic as people are making it out to be. Don't get me wrong, the visuals are spot-on with the style Mania established, and the music is on-fleek. But good looks and sound mean nothing if the game controls bad, and unfortunately, Chaos proves this to be all too true. Loops are very finnicky, with you often falling instead of continuing on the path the creators intended you to. The worst offenders are the tunnels, which kill all your momentum WITHOUT FAIL. It doesn't matter if you charge a spindash fully, your momentum will be killed midway through. Overall, the controls just really hamper the experience. It was also easy to get lost in Act 2. There's a lot of potential here, but with these frustrating physics, I just can't bring myself to like it.
Reactions: Dragonick
I am so looking forward to this!! Good old memories of Sonic Chaos!! I can see good things coming from this fangame!!
This demo is super good. There's an enormous amount of promise here, and a lot of presentation value. It's not without faults, mainly collision issues with rolling and slopes. But as a demo, this is really, really good, and feels good to play.