SAGE 2020 - Demo Sonic and the Mayhem Master

Overview

S04.png
S01.png
S02.png

THIS GAME IS A WORK-IN-PROGRESS
Auton02.png

This build may be a bit unstable. This game is subject to change from a fangame to an indie game status in the future.

Sonic and the Mayhem Master is a fanmade RPG game that is based on the Sonic Storybook series. The game offers a new look that fits to the aesthetic of the genre. Enter the world of steampunk, where machines are now in control. Solve cases with your sugar-freak partner, and find out the truth of this mechanical city.

Features
-----------------------------------------------------------

• Explore an unique pre-futuristic world of steampunk, with wacky characters that know how to tickle your fancy (or not).
  • Venture through different chapters, each of it has its own mystery and story to share.
  • Take control on this multitasking battle system, where the pressure goes on until you drop.
  • Battle against a huge array of mechanical foes and engineers as each of them have their own gimmick and style.
  • And goofy and witty dialogue! What? Not your type of humor?

Lamp of the Deadly Mist (SAGE Demo)
Teddie02.png

A new case has arise! It looks like the city's power plant is starting to have some trouble with its robots. Meet Walter, a custodian in charge of the surging factory. Fight your way through the storm, as their electrifying appearance will make you see the light. Engage with the new battle mechanics that this game has to offer.
The second part of the Full-Fix Update is coming soon. I'll try to notify in GameJolt, Twitter, or individually. My apologies for the late report.

Controls
I recommend checking the updates and other information of the game. If you are planning to play it, please be mindful that there is a screen size error that might occur to some people. This might
Madeleine.png
affect the HUD and text displays during gameplay.

• WASD - Movement
  • E - Talk/Interact
  • Mouse1 - Interact/Shoot
  • W - Spin Jump
  • W+S - Drop Slam
  • A-D - Attack Combo
Please leave a comment if you found any problems or bugs.
Don't forget to rate the game.

Media

Updates

VERSION (-0.01a)
======================================

• Added the main boss of the chapter, along with an end sequence for the demo.
  • Audio channels has been increased! (i.e. less audio glitching)
  • Grammar errors corrected, and such.
  • Ozone's Combustion Laser now has a pointer, and a delayed fire rate.
    • Additionally, his Atomic Bullet has a bigger hitscan for the cursor.
  • Bitter Bread's Butterworth Mine (Phase 02 Bullet) has received some slightly new animations, while lessening the difficulty from its spawn points.

Credits

This game is made by James "Trinitroid" Lising. All the spritework are made by the creator. All of the soundtracks are not officially made.
Reactions: ConfidentSonic

Latest reviews

Its great great music Great the Art And great the battles just a little laggy
Reactions: Trinitroid
The play style is new to me but I like that you can hurt the enemy while its attacking to get what you need to attack it very nice idea. The steampunk redesign (which is simple) is a great thing to see with the changes to the characters style. I really love the way the characters act towards each other i.e. Amy and Sonic being able to talk like old friends instead of Amy trying to date Sonic. Even though its just a little demo I would love to see a larger game around this
I really like the art style, it's makes it really stand out from the other Sonic related fan games. Also really makes me interested in where you will be taking this in the future. The music is also really good.

The over-world stuff is simple, no real issues there.

The battle system is interesting, not too sure how I feel about sacrificing health to do attacks but it works well enough. Though I do feel that the time it takes for the enemy to attack is a bit long, not too big of an issue.

I should mention that during my first play through, all the sound just stopped working. That was the only big issue I encountered.

With all that said I am really looking forward to seeing what comes out of this in the future.

Comments

The reimagining of the characters and the arts greatly interests me. The combat system took a bit to understand and is maybe overly complex, but I like the effort and thought put into it. Would be nice to change the cards to be something other than just plain playing cards though. More than anything though, I'd love to read a graphic novel with these characters.

The reimagining of the characters and the arts greatly interests me. The combat system took a bit to understand and is maybe overly complex, but I like the effort and thought put into it. Would be nice to change the cards to be something other than just plain playing cards though. More than anything though, I'd love to read a graphic novel with these characters.
As everybody wished, the combat system is now undergoing major overhauls. Sadly, this website doesn't let me post blogs or updates within the game page.

If you want to see some progress in this game (or tidbits), you can check at GameJolt in the "Other Information" tab.

Also, thanks for checking my game. I'll try my best for more and stable content next time.

I LOVE your art style. I think Sonic could stand to have his spikes back (it's like Mickey without the ears, man!) but this one's on my radar for sure!

Edit: Oh! They're still in the art, I just think they could stand to be more pronounced.

This Game Has So Many Pontecials The art is good the combat sistem G R E A T And it is like Mario super star Or Something But Good 10/10 For Me

Sooo um i founded a glitch

And this also makes sometimes the enemy not attack And Idk what Made It But it was In the Room Puzzle Before The 101 Boss

Item information

Added by
Trinitroid
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.38 star(s) 8 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item