Sonic and the Mayhem Master

Project Information

SatMMasterLogo.png

THIS GAME IS A WORK-IN-PROGRESS
Auton02.png

This build may be a bit unstable. It is also VERY SHORT. This is just the second half of the test phase.

Sonic and the Mayhem Master is a fanmade RPG game that is based on the Sonic Storybook series. The game offers a new look that fits to the aesthetic of the genre. Enter the world of steampunk, where machines are now in control. Solve cases with your sugar-freak partner, and find out the truth of this mechanical city.

WARNING
-----------------------------------------------------------

WARNING: This build may be a bit unstable because of the new engine. It is also VERY SHORT. This is just the second half of the test phase.. A patch will be made to reveal the rest of the build. My apologies once again.

Lamp of the Deadly Mist
Teddie02.png

A new case has arise! It looks like the city's power plant is starting to have some trouble with its robots. Meet Willard, a custodian in charge of the surging factory. Fight your way through the storm, as their electrifying appearance will make you see the light. Engage with the new battle mechanics that this game has to offer.​
The Full-Fix Update is coming soon after the early demo. I'll try to notify in GameJolt, Twitter, or individually. My apologies for the late report.​

Controls (Alpha -0.05)
I recommend checking the updates and other information of the game. If you are planning to play it, please be mindful that there is a screen size error that might occur to some people. This might
Madeleine.png
affect the HUD and text displays during gameplay.

• WASD - Movement
  • E - Talk/Interact
  • Mouse1 - Interact/Shoot
  • W - Spin Jump
  • W+S - Drop Slam
  • A-D - Attack Combo
Please leave a comment if you found any problems or bugs.
Don't forget to rate the game.

Updates

Coming Soon
Next Version: -0.001

• Starting the story

Other Information

Reactions: ConfidentSonic

Latest reviews

The play style is new to me but I like that you can hurt the enemy while its attacking to get what you need to attack it very nice idea. The steampunk redesign (which is simple) is a great thing to see with the changes to the characters style. I really love the way the characters act towards each other i.e. Amy and Sonic being able to talk like old friends instead of Amy trying to date Sonic. Even though its just a little demo I would love to see a larger game around this
I really like the art style, it's makes it really stand out from the other Sonic related fan games. Also really makes me interested in where you will be taking this in the future. The music is also really good.

The over-world stuff is simple, no real issues there.

The battle system is interesting, not too sure how I feel about sacrificing health to do attacks but it works well enough. Though I do feel that the time it takes for the enemy to attack is a bit long, not too big of an issue.

I should mention that during my first play through, all the sound just stopped working. That was the only big issue I encountered.

With all that said I am really looking forward to seeing what comes out of this in the future.
Gameplay: This one was pretty unique in its own way. I didnt expect a Sonic RPG and I didn't expect this one to take place in a totally different universe than the main games itself. While the overworld gameplay is definitely substandard of what RPGs usually play like, It's battle system is DEFINITELY a waiting game. The battle system is a mix of Megaman Battle Network & the Mario & Luigi series. You use cards as your means of attack, and you use your hp to attack and WHY?! This isn't an innovate gimmick. It's more like a gimmick that claims to be an innovative gimmick, but IS innovate in the wrong ways. You're only means of attacking is your hp. If you attack, you lose hp, If you get hit, you lose hp. While you wont lose after 0HP, you WILL lose at <-1HP. This is the waiting game part comes i-- (cut off bc of char limit :sad:)

Comments

The reimagining of the characters and the arts greatly interests me. The combat system took a bit to understand and is maybe overly complex, but I like the effort and thought put into it. Would be nice to change the cards to be something other than just plain playing cards though. More than anything though, I'd love to read a graphic novel with these characters.

The reimagining of the characters and the arts greatly interests me. The combat system took a bit to understand and is maybe overly complex, but I like the effort and thought put into it. Would be nice to change the cards to be something other than just plain playing cards though. More than anything though, I'd love to read a graphic novel with these characters.
As everybody wished, the combat system is now undergoing major overhauls. Sadly, this website doesn't let me post blogs or updates within the game page.

If you want to see some progress in this game (or tidbits), you can check at GameJolt in the "Other Information" tab.

Also, thanks for checking my game. I'll try my best for more and stable content next time.

Item information

Added by
Trinitroid
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.29 star(s) 7 ratings

Downloads

More in Demo

Share this item