don't click here

Sonic After The Sequel Ω

Project Overview

Hello! If you see this page, you probably once played a fan-game known as "Sonic: After The Sequel."

We finished the work, and we are now ready to present to you the game in a new, and better look. 16:9 aspect ratio, DirectX 11 support, new and complicated bosses, new sprites, bug-fixes, Discord's Rich Presence support, achievements, new settings, new cut-scenes made by Triangly (in development), secret game modes, easter eggs, and so much more.

This is not the final version of the project, as we plan to fix more bugs and errors in the next upcoming updates, as well as adding new features.

Update:
1. New (fixed) physics
2. Several fixes in cutscenes including new Eggman sprites to match the in-game ones
3. Bosses are now easier to defeat

Screenshots and media!

In this video you can look at improved cutscenes by Triangly.

Bonus Content

Soon, there will be a cipher. All who can understand it, will receive a special award.

You can write to us here:
Gamejolt - https://gamejolt.com/games/satso/376344
Discord - https://discord.gg/gD5nusN
Mail - [email protected]

Credits

Sonic After The Sequel Ω By: Compound Games

Programmers: MGilbas, Mishaworld, SinexPts GAMING, Tye Trine, Tailsmonster12

Spriters: WinstonTheEchidna, Mishaworld, Dolphman, Hamster Man, ShadowNetwork, MGilbas

New Cutscenes By Triangly

Testers: Mgilbas, Nizh, HyperSonicYT, ℒℴ ℒℴcke, RaytFost, Triangly

Sponsors: HyperSonicYT

Effects: Looki, Nihilist

Input 2.0: Yonatankr, Nihilist

Special Thanks
LakeFeperd: Thank you for giving us hope, which we will certainly realize. Without you, all this would not have happened. Thanks for bugs

Latest reviews

The game sent me all the way back to Sugar Splash Zone after beating the Storm Station Boss making me have to do most of the game all over again. Pretty decent remake of ATS overall but the new boss phases are unnecessary and of course needing to redo most of the game has kind of soured my opinion on it. It's worth a try especially for fans of the original but it's pretty sloppy.
couldn't get past cyan city boss
Gamecontroller
J
Jak54436
looks cool but it won't let me play it
Let me be honest here. The premise of ATS Omega is the best. I love it. But the way it was executed, it's terrible.

First, the good stuff. I love the new animations. Sonic's smooth running animation is Mania-grade and I love it. I also see that some sprites were replaced. Eggman used to have Sonic 2 sprites on the original ATS and now it's properly replaced.

To be in Widescreen is welcome. I tried to make the original ATS widescreen when the source code came out but seeing how I would need to do that for every single stage and menu individually, I ended giving up. Nice to see someone has a bigger determination than me and actually made it.

The difficulty in stages is also something welcome. The original ATS was too easy and this one here tells the player to be more careful.

Now for the bad stuff, the bosses. I played only up to Cyan City and I just realized how insane the difficulty is. Horizon Heights difficulty was higher than I would have expected but I saw it as a bug. Eggman wasn't getting low enough to hit him and he would randomly get lower so I couldn't predict when I could and couldn't jump.

Sugar Splash Zone boss has no reason to exist. Act 3 is already annoying enough and there shouldn't be a boss. The original didn't. I heard this boss used to be way harder and now is easier but I played only v2 so it's still hard. The missiles pattern is completely random and you need to be lucky for the spheres to fall where you can hit them in a way that would bounce off Eggman and to the rail. With the in-game physics, this is easier said than done.

Cyan City boss act is terrible. First, the continuity error. What the FRICK is Silver Sonic doing there?! He was destroyed on Sonic 2, before the events of ATS! Doesn't make any sense for it to be there so please remove that thing. Now, the second phase is slightly harder than in the original ATS. The spikes come a little shortly after the sphere. Takes some lives to get used to but still doable. Now Phase 3... oh boy...

I wonder why the boss of the third zone must have two phases, let alone three. I would expect Phase 3 as part of a Kaizo Sonic ATS but not on a fricking remaster. First Silver Sonic, which is supposed to be destroyed. Second, Mecha Sonic which is from Sonic 3 but... passable. Now fricking BIG ARMS??? You're kidding me, right? I stopped playing there. Nearly unpredictable missile patterns, slowdowns and the feeling it is coming from Spark's Challenge Mode from Spark the Electric Jester. Doesn't make any sense for the boss of the third zone.

It only makes me sad that this game won't get further development according to the GameJolt page. It has a lot of potential. They only need to tune down the difficulty a lot on the bosses, get rid of the fricking phase 3 on Cyan City Boss Act. If it weren't for the improved graphics, the rating would have been only one star.
Last edited:

Comments

the game has a weird problem, every time i pass an act or select an option on the main menu (not the options menu), the window suddendly minimizes and i constantly have to put it on fullscreen again, this is really annoying

is the game great if we exclude the bugs and problems it has i still havent tried it but the sprite job looks fantastic

please just release a version that lets you turn off the changes to the new bosses. DX but widescreen is all I want.

Came here to say that I'm trying to get a bunch of Sonic Fan Games to run on my Steam Deck and despite what was said on here, the cutscenes still do not work. Crashes the game every time.

Item information

Added by
Mishaworld
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
3.20 star(s) 10 ratings

Downloads

More in SAGE 2019 [Archive]

Share this item