don't click here

Shantae in Sonic Mania Plus!

Overview

This is my very first mod, an attempt at updating the original Shantae in Sonic Mania Mod done by Matyi2002. This mod updates Shantae's sprites and animations to better fit Mania's DLC content, while also making her playable in Encore mode! This is still a WIP, but I will be adding more in the future!

When the Shantae for Sonic Mania hack first came out, I was super excited. Shantae HGH had just come out for me, so I had a blast fighting my way through both Sequin Land and Dr. Eggman's stages, savoring every minute. However, when the update for Sonic Mania Plus came along, I was sure that this mod would get updated for it. Sadly, it didn't come to pass, and the newer mod using Shantae's appearance from HGH didn't sit well with me. Seeing hand drawn sprites turned into 16-bit pixels looked awful to me, and I felt the original mod looked way better. Still, with no one else updating it, I figured I could give it my best (and first) shot!

I used GIMP 2.10, GraphicsGale, Sonic Mania Palette Editor (Mania Pal) and the RSDK Animation Editor to put this together. All resources can be found easily via GameBanana or Google, and all are free and easy to use! Don't be shy about tutorials, though.

Lastly, HUGE shoutout to DOA687 of DeviantArt for the custom jump and transformation sprites, as well as Lisnovski of Twitter for all other animations! You're the best, guys!

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Added by
DerpMan.EXE
Views
Last update

Downloads

More in Retro Engine

Share this item