don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Seaside Fireflies

General Information

Version 1.1 is now the latest version! Grab that one to hear a NEW SONG (and also squash a rare bug!)
Previous versions can also still be downloaded.

sF_gifThumbnail1.gif

Seaside Fireflies is a bite-sized 3D arcade collect-a-thon platformer where you play as a seagull who steps up to help a girl collect every firefly on the beach!

In this unique desktop SAGE 2022 demo, you'll gain the ability to:

:emoji_sparkles: Press X as the seagull to make noises :emoji_chicken:

...and other less important features:

• A new ending can be obtained for collecting all fireflies, bringing the total endings up to three. However, the time limit has not changed from the game jam build, and the firefly count has gone up from 155 to 192. Are you bad enough to try collecting them all in time??

• Those who choose to go for another round after attempting the game at least once can find a suspicious computer on the map, plugged into the sand. Do not go up to it, and definitely do not try to use it by pressing the X button. It does not contain a shop featuring optional power-ups and a new game mode.

• Music from Daryl Barnes, with a new song from RecD,

• Find a new "explore mode" taking place at midday, where you can now talk to characters freely and explore at your leisure with no timer, all while collecting lots of butterflies!
    • Butterflies are pretty and taste good (the seagull's words, not mine) but are useless as currency, just like in real life. You'll need to play the game in the original Evening Mode and practice your run to make progress and unlock items!

• Some of the placeholder programmer art seen in the itch and Newgrounds web builds have been replaced with painted artwork, making the overall presentation more cohesive.

• Passing behind a rock or scenery will cause the rock to turn opaque and allow you to have a better idea of your location at all times.

• Improved collision with fireflies, making it more generous than before.

• There's around twenty new NPCs to talk to, including the mysterious CUBE which can only be seen in the new explore mode, so don't miss it!

• and a ton of other tweaks I've forgotten about.

This game wouldn't have continued development without all of the feedback and interest I've received for it after its debut at Mini Jam 108 and on Newgrounds. Please let me know if you have any feedback to share and/or if you would be interested in seeing more of this project!

You're also welcome to swing by my twitter for more updates and/or to let me know your thoughts: https://twitter.com/MarkandFlops
Or my itch page for more of my game ventures: https://piggybank.itch.io/

Thank you for stopping by! :D

Comments

Really like this game, the visual style is very distinct and creative. I like the squigglevision nature of it, reminds me of the show Home Movies.
Thanks so much, I'm happy you enjoyed your time with the game! Making the art for this took some work but was a lot of fun, it's cool to know the visuals especially stood out to you. :emoji_thumbsup:

Item information

Added by
Piggybank
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Original Games

Share this item