don't click here

Rayman: The Dreamer's Boundary (SAGE 2021) (OLD)

General Information

Rayman: The Dreamer's Boundary is a fan game telling an original story inside the world of Rayman.

Synopsis

Rayman awakens deep in the woods of the Glade of Dreams to discover that Nightmares have invaded the once peaceful land. With all his friends vanquished, Rayman must work with the Bubble Dreamer himself, Polokus, to reach the Dreamer's Boundary and stop the Nightmares from leaking into their world. But who is commanding the Nightmares? Who would have the power to create a gap in the fabric of reality like this? Only Rayman can discover the truth.

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 10.46.14.png

The Journey So Far
Development started on this fan game in June 2020. The development process has been slow and steady so far, every opportunity has been taken to build and improve my skillset to provide a polished product. The game itself is a love letter to the Rayman Franchise, something that has constantly surprised and inspired me and singlehandedly built my love for gaming as a child.

The game will offer over 35 levels to play, plenty of boss fights, and lots of collectibles to find. I'm building pretty much everything in the game from scratch. That means the sprites, the environments, backgrounds and even the music is all being made specifically for this game. The soundtrack is being worked on by me and the wonderful Alexander Reade (it sounds fantastic and I can't wait for everyone to hear the full thing). I'm no master artist but I'm really proud of everything I've made so far and the style that's built around it.

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 10.46.43.png

Demo
I hope you enjoy the included demo! It consists of three main levels from the game (one being a boss fight), a tutorial stage AND a super special exclusive SAGE 2021 level that's pretty fun - you have to reach 100% on the other levels to access it so make sure to grab everything.

Release Information
Rayman: The Dreamer's Boundary is due to be released in 2022 (hopefully) and will be made available on Windows. Follow my GameJolt Page and follow me on Twitter for more updates.
https://twitter.com/theCallumB_

Controller Support
The game features native controller support! For an Xbox controller, its as simple as turning on the controller. For a DualShock 4 controller, I've been testing using the DS4Windows Driver and it works really well. You can access DS4Windows here: http://ds4windows.com/

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 10.47.42.png

Streams, Gameplay and Feedback
If you decide to play the game on a Stream or for a Youtube video I would love to see it so please DM me a link <3 Also any feedback you have for the demo is much appreciated. Please be as honest as possible :)

How to Play
To play the demo, simply download the attached ZIP file, extract to a folder of your choice and open the .exe file!
Reactions: Ice

Comments

Hey there. just played your game on my twitch (same name as my account here) and its pretty solid! has a good rayman 1 fell along with rayman 2 themes and that final zone put a smile on my face. my only criticisms are the plums are a bit too slow in the water and the ring lums need a bit more momentum (i was stuck in an area with for 2 minutes but that could just be me) and the only bugs i found was a minor one with hitting the ring lums in midair from afar. Overall Pretty good! Good luck on the rest of it.

Hey there. just played your game on my twitch (same name as my account here) and its pretty solid! has a good rayman 1 fell along with rayman 2 themes and that final zone put a smile on my face. my only criticisms are the plums are a bit too slow in the water and the ring lums need a bit more momentum (i was stuck in an area with for 2 minutes but that could just be me) and the only bugs i found was a minor one with hitting the ring lums in midair from afar. Overall Pretty good! Good luck on the rest of it.
Thank you so much for playing :)

Item information

Added by
theCallumB
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Fan Games

More from theCallumB

Share this item