don't click here

Project Rascal (SAGE '21 Demo)

omg this game feels wonderful to control just base movement is so snappy. still I feel like his brake could use a buff/removed at slow speeds as its better to just turn around and it can feel weird to suddenly slow down weirdly when you were turning so freely a second ago. also it feels really unique I haven't played a game like it yet in terms of style. I feel like the camera turning when you move slightly to the right or left can make it hard to go in a straight line. not being able to look behind you while running feels a bit wrong. Also I feel like his stun is way too long. I like that the camera remembers your vertical rotation and doesnt change it. kind of like how looking down makes the camera zoom out
Last edited:
Just an incredibly fun and polished exploration based 3D platformer. Reminds me of some of the best 3D Sonic fangames like Sonic Utopia, only with interesting additions like enemy jacking, rolling, bounce physics, double jumps, and air dashes.

My only complaint is that sometimes you have no idea if you're going forward (which is also awesome), and sometimes I wish the bouncing lets you go even wilder.

Otherwise, just a perfect demo. Loved every second.
ashtimbo
ashtimbo
I feel like sonic gt has quite the issue with the feeling of going forward. I personally think this game handles it better but I get you
Shoot, i was in the middle of a comment, got distracted... came back and closed the tab without posting it... good job Dash!

Okay basically what I WAS trying to say was this is my favorite game I've played at Sage this year. I love the graphics style. It's simple, yet so pleasant to look at. The character is very cute and although he controls a lot like Sonic, there's enough differences that it's not a direct copycat.

I love exploration games and there's so much to find and explore in this. I found myself going back over areas I knew I had been just to see if I had missed something.

The engine is very solid as well. I really enjoyed this. I hope you can get further with it. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for an update
Reactions: P3DR0