don't click here

Midi & Melody

The movement in this game feels good when I do things right, although doing things right takes much more effort than it should with the current control scheme. While I'd prefer controller support, I feel like the keyboard controls would be more comfortable if WASD was used for movement, with spacebar as jump and right hand for abilities.

Aesthetically, the game is amazing. The music is good, the characters are really cute and the environments are colorful and detailed without being visually overwhelming. I do have a problems with the platforms that occasionally damage you in the stormy area before the first boss, though. They look the same as other platforms that are safe and have no indication that they are dangerous. Also, in the second level, the destructible barriers don't have any indicator that they are actually destructible. I figured out by accident while dashing around the area.

The main menu is also hard to navigate for colorblind folk, I could barely tell which option was highlighted because the color was almost indistinguishable from the other options.

Anyway, I hope this review doesn't come off as too negative. I really hope to see more of this game!
Reactions: FieryN8