don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Mega Man: The Sequel Wars

A beautiful recreation of Mega Man 4, 5 and 6 stages. Stages flow very well, graphics are lively and animated. Music renditions are very nice, my favorite being Cossack 1. Original games are respected, with hidden secrets in Toad Man and Cossack 1 being respected, and bosses like Mothraya are given a nice amount of polish. Things like the overpowered charge buster in the original Mega Man 5 has been nerfed by making it charge much slower, which is a very nice nerf.

EX Mode makes Dust Man's stage, which was already good in the original MM4 very engaging, using conveyor belt and crusher mechanics, along with timed-flame challenges that fortunately don't insta-kill you. Dust Man's fight on EX mode uses many interesting attack patterns in a two-pronged boss challenge.

Minor nitpicks might include Bright Man having a bit too much flashing going at once, I would probably slow it down a little bit. Dust Man might have a few too many Up'N'Downs, I might make more a visual indicator to show where they are coming out, or have them already linger above the pits before jumping over them.

Apart from that, this game looks incredible and will give many Wily Wars fans an incredible sequel with tons of replay value !
Reactions: sanic da heg
TheGamingKid
TheGamingKid
does anyone know if bass is playable in episode red
TheGamingKid
TheGamingKid
HOW DID NOT ANYONE NOT REPLIY
To say I am impressed is an understatement.
This homebrew really did overarchieved its expectations, and having my expectations exceeded is a great experience.
Not only it boasts great graphics, but also some nice original music and a very solid gameplay, the level design is faithful yet it feels refreshing, the fact the bosses do follow the art style but still are quite big is a nice touch.
Of course I can't forget to mention Dust Man EX's stage... sure, it's C&BT, but at least it's fun C&BT, defeating Dust Man is very sastifying in on itself.
If I have two complains it would be that I don't know why the continue option sends me to the checkpoint if I chose to have finite lives for a real game over punishment and two, on Dust Man EX at least I do get said punishment but there's a small problem, the cursor places me on "select stage" so I did accidentally went back to the stage select and lost my progress on the second half of the stage and forced to do the first half.
Other than those little complains, this demo is top notch, I am hoping to see at least one of the games completed soon.
Edit: Of course the Met Party mode is hysterical too, so, props for that.
Sequel Wars is great on multiple levels; it's a great homebrew, a great remake, and as the EX content proves, a good Mega Man game on its own. While it isn't finished yet, this is already a contender for one of the best fangames ever made. There are stunning graphical effects, smart weapon rebalances (you made Power Stone good!), and overall it's just a great love letter to three of the more underrated Mega Man classics. This is the best SAGE game this year. Outstanding work!
I really liked the demo but it's a shame that the cooperative is no longer there and that roll was playable as much as player 1 and player 2 a shame ;(
Miles Tails Power
Miles Tails Power
Yeah... );