don't click here

Mega Man Double Buster (SAGE '21 Demo)

its not a perfect game but i see potential here, the grafics are very good im happy that they are not the same grafics from the nes games i actually like these more, the music its not bad but also isn't memorable like classic games, the megaman controls are really good and the bosses weapons arent really neaded cause you easily could end the entire level without using these but if you decide to use them they are usefull (at less to attack) and the difficult its alright, its not that hard but also isnt that easy, i die sometimes but everything i say here depends a lot from the level design, and at least in the intro stage the level design its very good, its fair, the enemies are well placed and they give you enought time to react.

anyway, this is just a demo and all what i say here could change in the final version, but now, its a pretty good fangame
Last edited:
It's... a demo. The weapons aren't that useful, and while the E-Tank puzzle at the end was clever, I didn't really feel like there was a need to use weapons anywhere aside from that part, and it really feels like they're here moreso for the sake of gimmicks/being here. 16 weapons just feels like way too much for one character. The visuals are a nice surprise - I expected the same overused NES/FC visuals, but instead I see sprites that are much more pleasant to the eye. Oh, and Rock no longer looks like an ugly baby in a suit, so that's good aswell! There are a few things I didn't like about the visuals, though - the palette is a bit odd at times and I don't really understand where the Intro Stage even takes place. Is it a construction site? Gyro Man's stage? A water cave? Spring Man? I have no idea. Speaking of that, the game lacks any sort of story and the presentation on the menus and title screen is... okay I won't even bother, it's literally just a reused logo from 4 without the 4 and a barebones settings menu. The music is entirely taken from 6. The level design is... decent, nothing outstanding, with some clever moments at times. The boss at the end was rather fun, even if it got a bit old at the end. It's also easy, but that's expected for an Intro Stage boss.
Overall, this is good... for a demo. A very nice showcase of how the gameplay and graphics could evolve and warp, but not really a game per say, or a piece of a full game like demos on SAGE usually are.
Reactions: sanic da heg