don't click here

Mech Explorer

General Information

Mech Explorer

In a post-apocalyptic world, a mercenary explores the ruins of an underground city,
piloting her mech, in search of her missing partner.

The game is a combination of the Metroidvania genre with elements from other classic franchises that the team is passionate about.
The project was developed in a few months by a team of two people in their spare time and is currently at an extremely early stage.

The purpose of this demo is to test the public's response to the core concept and gameplay.

Controls

>keyboard<
wasd - move
mouse - rotate camera
left click - left arm item
right click - right arm item
f - body item
left shift - dash
spacebar - jump
e - interact
q - lockOn
scroll wheel - change lockOn target/change item while holding 1/2/3
esc - pause menu / change equipped item
hold 1/2/3 - change equipped item with scroll whell

>joystick classic<
left analog stick - move
right analog stick - camera / change lockOn target / change item while holding left/right/up on dpad
LT RT - camera
x - left arm item
y - right arm item
rb - body item
b - dash/interact
a - jump
lb - lockOn
start - pause menu / change equipped item
hold left/right/up on dpad - change equipped item with right analog stick

>joystick modern<
left analog stick - move
right analog stick - camera / change lockOn target / change item while holding left/right/up on dpad
LT - left arm item
RT - right arm item
rb - body item
b - dash/interact
a - jump
lb - lockOn
start - pause menu / change equipped item
hold left/right/up on dpad - change equipped item with right analog stick

Media

Screenshots

Comments

The level design was a little confusing to me, but I understand that it's really early on. I found controlling the mech satisfying and I wouldn't mind seeing this realized into a full game! My biggest gripe is the camera. It's hard to see what you're aiming at through the mech's body, so you often have to switch to first person just to see what's ahead of you. I'd offset the camera to the right, just to give a clearer view.

The level design was a little confusing to me, but I understand that it's really early on. I found controlling the mech satisfying and I wouldn't mind seeing this realized into a full game! My biggest gripe is the camera. It's hard to see what you're aiming at through the mech's body, so you often have to switch to first person just to see what's ahead of you. I'd offset the camera to the right, just to give a clearer view.
Thanks for the feedback, this is very important for us !!

Regarding the camera, I think I'll give the player the option to choose between three offset options, left, center and right, so he can choose the way he finds most comfortable.

About the level design, I'm sorry for that, we decided to participate in the SAGE with only one week left for the deadline, so I had little time to design the level and improvise a boss.

We are collecting all possible feedback regarding this Sage demo and preparing a more polished demo, with a better worked level design. The goal is to finish it by the end of the month. If possible, I would love to have your opinion on the next demo as well.

Out of curiosity, what was your preference for controls? Keyboard or joystick?

Thanks for the feedback, this is very important for us !!

Regarding the camera, I think I'll give the player the option to choose between three offset options, left, center and right, so he can choose the way he finds most comfortable.

About the level design, I'm sorry for that, we decided to participate in the SAGE with only one week left for the deadline, so I had little time to design the level and improvise a boss.

We are collecting all possible feedback regarding this Sage demo and preparing a more polished demo, with a better worked level design. The goal is to finish it by the end of the month. If possible, I would love to have your opinion on the next demo as well.

Out of curiosity, what was your preference for controls? Keyboard or joystick?
I was using an Xbone controller in the "modern" mode. I hope to see the next version!

Item information

Added by
Airrel
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

• Sole Iron Tail
    Slide and charge as fast as you can using your special tail!
  • ChronoVenture
    Overview ChronoVenture is a momentum-based Gameboy-style platformer...
  • AdventNEON
    Action platformer with tons of dashing, smash combos and powerscaling
  • The Great Frebbventure
    An action-platform adventure that combines the best of retro and modern...
  • Skye Revival
    Go through levels and defeat your foes with a wide variety of attacks

More from Airrel

Share this item