This is a fangame all about dungeons, puzzles and discovery, using an engine build from the ground up. Start your adventure playing silly games with childhood friends and you will soon have the freedom to go wherever you want to go. To collect ancient rings, beat imposing bosses and maybe even reach the mirror side of the world.
Main features include:
- Small, but packed, overworld(s)
- Full item set from the original game, with a few tweaks and surprises
- 6 main dungeons, with side areas and placeholders for future developments
- Non-linear dungeon order and progression (to an extent - if you want)
- A quirky ghost called Murray. (You can't miss him. He'll make sure of it).
Thank you for checking out my little project. Try it out, beat it and leave me a comment. All feedback welcome as I continuously try to improve my work.
D - Action button (open doors / read text / grab / etc) + Confirm button (while in menus)
G - Attack button (hold and release for a full swing attack) + Cancel button (while in menus)
S - Perform run action (if you have the boots available)
R - Use item A
F - Use item B
Space - Brings up item menu
Enter - Brings up map menu
Escape - Pauses the game (can be used to exit the game)
* The controls and screen resolution can be changed in the options menu at the start of the game
Check out this zfgc.com forum topic for (semi)weekly progress updates:
You can also contact me at [email protected] if you want to receive notifications about major project developments only.
Currently forming one to apply this engine in an original IP in the (near) future.
I'm specifically looking for pixel artists to join. If you're interested to learn more (=concept, plans, compensation) then I invite you to contact me at the emailadress above to set up a conversation.