Hyper's Quest 2: Summer 2019 Demo

Project Information

Hyper's Quest 2 is making a splash with new minigames and new things to do!

What this demo includes:

+ 6 stages with multiple paths
+ 1 boss fight
+ 2 playable characters
+ 4 minigames
+ A shop system w/ inventory
+ The first issue of Hyper's Quest Virtual Delusion, a comic series that details how Hyper's biggest adventure all began...
And more!

Planned for the full game:

+ All stages, minigames and bosses
+ 4 playable characters
+ Fully voiced cutscenes
+ Super Sonic!
And much more!

Updates

SEPTEMBER BONUS:
-The original Hyper's Quest TiP tech demo has been found after a long time of being lost. Knock yourselves out with what might've been (& Knuckles).
-The only existing proof-of-concept demo for the cancelled Hyper's Quest 1.5 is now available to the public.

END OF SUMMER UPDATE:
-The first issue of Hyper's Quest Virtual Delusion, the multi-part prequel comic, is here with artwork by JuliaTheFox14. Discover how Hyper's real quest began in a race against time and cyberspace.

CHANGE LOG:

Version 3
-Hyper's double jump
-Skadoosh Zone

Version 2
-Minecart can no longer go beyond the track
-Water is now centered properly
-Getting a time bonus of "250" no longer softlocks the game
And much more!

Other Information

Got any questions, comments or concerns? Please tweet me @MegaHypeSpace

Artwork presented here is made by
HyperSonic Fan
JuliaTheFox14
Reactions: ScratchFan2016

Latest reviews

For as far as I got, it felt like the game was fighting me. It was neat how many moves Hyper had at his disposal for traversing the levels, but the reliance on two separate jump buttons made the experience a clunk-fest. Sonic the Hedgehog games typically only have one or two action buttons. At most there's a jump button and an "action" button.

My other big gripe is with the level design. They feel quite haphazard and "scatterbrained." They could stand to be paced better.

Also, I was impressed with the voice acting. I didn't know what to expect, but your delivery of the tutorial dialog has a lot of charisma. Truth be told, I found this whole game pretty charming. It brought me back to my earlier days of game development.

Attachments

HyperSonic Fan
HyperSonic Fan
Thanks, but that wasn't my voice. It was UltraSonicHero, and you can find him on Twitter and Youtube.
About the level design....mmm, I get that a lot. I'm currently doing my best to fix it and make it more appropriate to Sonic's speed, Hyper's...stuff, Tails' flight and Knuckles, and I've been experimenting a lot with it, so it's going to be a little off in some areas. But rest assured, by God's grace, I'll have it fixed eventually.

The thing about two separate jump buttons wasn't my decision and it came with the game's original engine. The most I can do is have only one button be used for jumping, leaving its existing functions to be the same as before, and remove the 2nd jump button's jumping feature and make it used solely for special moves. Think Street Fighter, MvC or even Zero from the Megaman X PS1 trilogy and you get the idea.

One more note that I thought was worth mentioning: the game itself is meant to have much more of a kid-friendly approach, and you'll find out why in future updates. (Not kid-friendly as in dumbed down, but as in you can learn something from the story.)

Thanks for your review. :)
I was asked by the person who made this game to try out their game and give them a review. I finally got around to trying it out today and I'm going to be brutally honest here, Hyper's Quest 2 is incredibly lacking at the moment.
I'm going to split my review up into separate sections, covering different parts of the game, to make things a bit more organized.
My review also ended up being too long so here is a link to the entire review: https://pastebin.com/xPehPr8S
HyperSonic Fan
HyperSonic Fan
Thanks for your honesty. :)

Comments

I decided to sit down and actually beat this one. As clunky as it is, the level design has some good aspects. I like the way fast areas transition into the more slow, methodical ones by launching you up a ramp. Sometimes there's a bottomless pit shoved in your face, but I think you're getting somewhere with the way levels are designed.

I decided to sit down and actually beat this one. As clunky as it is, the level design has some good aspects. I like the way fast areas transition into the more slow, methodical ones by launching you up a ramp. Sometimes there's a bottomless pit shoved in your face, but I think you're getting somewhere with the way levels are designed.
We're working our best to fill those holes with sand (if you know what I mean), but wow. I never really thought of it like that.

Item information

Added by
HyperSonic Fan
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
2.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More in Demo

More from HyperSonic Fan

Share this item