don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Frebbventure - SAGE'22 demo

General Information

Join Frebb's small clique of reluctant "friends" as they rumble, tumble, and action-platform their way through the craziest journey of the year! A simple feud with the Mac Daddy of Planet Earth descends into wild cosmic conspiracy, as Frebb disrupts and uncovers the true purpose of a year-long party and its connections with a mysterious alien super-fuel!

Frebbventure on Steam (wishlist): https://store.steampowered.com/app/20...
Frebbventure Discord: https://discord.gg/yd3hb6e7Ah
The itch page: neglected non-event home of Frebb! https://almyriganhero.itch.io/the-great-frebbventure-public-demo

If you ever wondered how a Kirby inspired action-platformer would play if you ditched the copy gimmicks and smashed the speedometer, Frebbventure is the game for you! With four playable characters, you've got plenty of movesets to master, and a variety of special bonus medals will reward you for learning the levels, too. Collect them all to unlock bonus stages, and peel back the layers of a shocking secret.

Beware on your quest, as Ulcethot has many friends in high places. A colorful rogue's gallery of boss characters and monsters are waiting around every corner to thwart Frebb's efforts, so never let your guard down and always be prepared for the worst!

The tricky platforming and countless hectic boss fights might get a bit overwhelming at times, but fear not, because an imaginative and humorous plot (that's still not afraid to raise the stakes!) is there to accompany you through. Frebbventure explores and lampoons the absurdity of culturally-approved rebellion and mass-market edginess through a manipulatively hip villain, a mercilessly unindulgent hero, and a comically mismatched supporting cast.

ad_action - Copy (2).png

ad_story.png

* Campaign completion time based on streams from previous years and adjusted for better checkpointing.

*Expect bugs. Crashes and softlocks are fairly unlikely, but this game is still months off from completion. Exiting levels is easy and the game autosaves between every stage so hopefully no freak incidents will set you back far.

Still not enough free content for you? Hop on the Discord and learn how you can win a FREE Steam key!

Latest reviews

Alright, the fact this game has so much content added compared to what the '21 version had is atonishing.
I am in fact impressed of how much this game hits with each one of its mechanics, not only each character is unique but the different items you get from the stores and how they actually feel cohesive instead of slapped together is commendable.
The Music and The graphics are good as always with varied locations and very colorful places, with good character style and quite fitting music for each piece.
Speaking of characters, the writing is very good, and funny, I cracked a smile and even laughed at some of the dialog and I find the story and lore quite interesting, of course said aforementioned characters have good chemestry with each other.
Unfortunately bugs galore everywhere, it's quite common that I get soft or hardlocked and sometimes if I died at bosses then instead of stopping the boss theme it continues and it stacks with the level music, making it a clusterf...udge.
However, I am still giving the game five stars, as everything else makes it worth it.
I just got done playing the first world of Frebbventure, blind.

Frebbventure is outstanding. It blends fast paced platforming and cool combat in a way I haven't seen before, with characters that have surprisingly in-depth movesets that don't feel too difficult to get the hang of. There's a great story and sense of humor throughout the whole game, and some great atmosphere and charm. It's also a pretty meaty demo, with several worlds and challenge modes available, not to mention different missions in every level.

Do not sleep on Frebbventure, it's one of the hypest games this SAGE!

Comments

I don't think this is the game for me but it's got some good energy. I'd like to see levels that aren't so blatantly horizontal, color palettes that don't just rely on a too-opaque foreground overlay color, better signaling of when you get hurt, and less bland pickups. The villain character designs are nice, though.

I don't think this is the game for me but it's got some good energy. I'd like to see levels that aren't so blatantly horizontal, color palettes that don't just rely on a too-opaque foreground overlay color, better signaling of when you get hurt, and less bland pickups. The villain character designs are nice, though.
More verticality, I'll give you that one; I don't think being horizontally oriented is necessarily a bad thing, but assuming it does end up being a platformer in the first place, more complex level design is definitely something I want to focus on for my next game.

The other two I'll take as food for thought, but a bit more subjective: most people so far have liked my lighting and atmosphere systems, and pickups... I mean, some games just don't really have much in the way of pickups, especially not ones where the characters already have extensive power sets.

EDIT: That said though, I could still try experimenting more with tile palette swapping shaders in future projects. I guess there's nothing stopping me from having both a lighting system and a variety of color schemes for tilesets.

Item information

Added by
AlmyriganHero
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from AlmyriganHero