don't click here

Emerald Ties (SAGE2021 Demo)

obviously not complete but amazing
Very cool! I found the double ring monitor in Fuming Foundry. I wish Fuming Foundry also had more acts.
Arrietty
Arrietty
Next demo will feature a complete version of the level.
this game completed or a demo you can have many hours of fun and i like a lot the fact that there is a lot of paths to take.
Reactions: sanic da heg
Sonicttttt
Sonicttttt
Cool
Sonic feels great to control. But I'd like to see MORE BOSSES
Reactions: sanic da heg
This game is a pretty awesome one, keep up the good work. The gameplay is fast, dynamic, and Sonic feels really great to control. Graphics are unique with an interesting design, and backgrounds are just amazing and have a really good depth. Names of the zones are pretty interesting as they feature equal first letters of each word in them (like in Sonic CD), which is a nice touch. However, I want to note some moments in this game that aren't great:

- Wind Shield. It's too op. Not only it's a literal insta shield with a bigger hitbox and lifetime, but also can attract rings and even do a hover. It would be pretty nice to see some changes to this shield, like it should be either a better insta-shield (not op one) or more focused on hovering.
- Billboard at the end of the stages looks little bit off as it looks like it was taken from the Sonic Mania, and it's unfitting as the game prefers colours that have some twist in them, and it's not very pleasing to see some vibrant base colours out of nowhere. (Edit: it also has a wrong Sonic)
- Sometimes, in Relic Retreat, you can see some floating lava next to the quarter loop (either in act 1 or 2) but it's not a critical graphic bug. Edit: it's actually in the 3rd act
- There are too little levels lol

Nevertheless, good luck and take your time!
Last edited:
Arrietty
Arrietty
Thank you!

-I might rebalance the Wind Shield a bit. It is a bit too OP for what it does I agree.
-Placeholder sprite. We didn't have the time to provide an original sprite for it.
-Yeah I'll fix that, thanks for pointing it out!
-What do you mean? It's a 10 act demo. Or is it the level length?
Very good game, Enjoyed Sonic's movements a lot. I would say that the level design is a bit too easy, but very much enjoyed traversing each level and exploring which there is plenty of. Highly recommend this game to any Sonic fan.
This game was so much fun to play. I really liked the art style. It felt like modern Sonic in a classic form and I think it's great. I love it!

The levels were really fun and enjoyable. I especially loved parts like the rising lava, which was a very cool zone gimmick. The music for this game is insane!!! It sounds so good and it just has such a chill vibe to it. The zones look so stunning. I really really liked the Polar Peak Zone. It was really well made, same with the other zones. The controls are spot on and the new shields are a really nice touch to the game. It brings a lot of new fun moves to the game. Each zone in this demo felt so fresh and amazing. I also loved the title screen opening. My only issue with this demo was that after I finished each act, it would remove my full screen each time an act began; I'm not sure if this is just me, but besides that, it's a fantastic fangame and I'm looking forward to seeing what else it has to offer in the future.
Last edited:
Reactions: Arrietty
Arrietty
Arrietty
Thank you so much for the review! And yeah, the fullscreen thing is an oversight on my end. It's loading the options config every time the next level starts. For now, you can go to the options menu and set Full Screen on so that way the game stays Full Screen. I will fix this in the next demo. :)
Sonic_epicgamer
Sonic_epicgamer
Thanks for replying. I will do that next time I play it again. Also, I am very excited for the next demo. I really like this fan game. It is great. I will definitely be playing it again when the next demo comes out. Keep up the good work.
Very cool fangame!
SonicGenesis
SonicGenesis
you got that right
Very good! The gameplay, visuals, level design, music, everything in this demo is good, great, awesome outstanding and amazing! The levels are so well designed, it really does feel like classics combined with advance. It's beautiful and fun. Can't wait to see more of this.
Last edited:
This is one of the best Sonic Fan Games I have ever played. It is filled with Breathtaking backgrounds, New Badniks, Beautiful music, and New shields and power ups. It's like Sonic 3&K, Advance, and Mania had a baby.
Reactions: Arrietty and Jlook
This is excellent. Extremely fun, good level design, and gorgeous graphics. I felt really sad when it was over, tbh!
Reactions: Arrietty and Jlook
THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!

The level design flows really well, the music is fantastic (I love how it sounds like a mix between Modern Sonic's metal rock & and Classic's more upbeat pop music), I love the new Wind Shield which fits in perfectly with the classic elemental shields, I love the amazing sprite work, the phenomenal bosses (Even the lack thereof in zone two, which is just a better-executed version of Labyrinth Zone's "boss")

Really my only complaint is that the victory animation is a little lacking, and with how small Sonic's pupil is, it kinda looks like one of those "You're Next" memes-

Aside from that though, absolutely stellar fan game! Can't wait to see it completed
I haven't played this game in a while, and I love how it looks
Grande fan-game, achei interessante a ideia de fundir elementos clássicos e modernos (além dos ovos de páscoa). Espero que você não abandone este jogo!
I only have one thing to say about this game: it's amazing
This demo immediately gave me good feelings as soon as I started playing, Sonic has a lot of his moveset, powerups and insta-shield from Sonic 3 and Peel-Out from Sonic CD. (Obligatory Drop Dash as well)

The OST so far from what I've heard, is pretty good. Only gripe there is that each act has the same song for the most part. Stage design is pretty linear but there are some different paths to tread to get to the end quicker or to be rewarded. The green tornado powerup for example is especially busted. It's early beginnings anyway, but I see this being a top tier fangame.

An easily reproducible glitch in Polar Peak Zone Act 2 here:
Arrietty
Arrietty
Oh hello, thanks for the review. The bug shown has been since fixed and the game was updated a few hours ago :) Lemme know if that fixes it for good.
This was the first game I played for Sage 2021 and I was not disappointed. Great level design and graphics and the gameplay is super smooth. Had a little trouble with Fang, took me a while to realize he would leave bombs behind when he'd teleport, lol. I'll be looking forward to this one in the future
Had a really great time with this one. The Controls were tight, the music was awesome, and the level design was top notch. Defiantly don't sleep on this one! It's a blast!!!
Extremely solid, with great pixel art and a remarkable soundtrack. Almost feels like a Sonic Mania sequel!