don't click here
NOTE FOR WANDERING, FOOLHARDY SOULS LIKE ME: Read up on the controls within the pause menu. Learning how to parry and actually burn meter will save your life if you play any difficulty higher than easy!

With that said... no, this ain't Dark Souls-level hard. NES-type hard, maybe... but nothing can sell your soul like the original.

High points:
-It's still a hard game, though most of the time, your errors are yours alone.
Learning how to parry, burn meter and pick your fights will help you in the long run, and if you don't learn those skills, nothing will save you.
-The gameplay is really fun to master. Nothing beats parry-locking that boss fight at the end of the demo~

Tripping points:
-Invincibility frames? Those exist in modern games? Bah!
Again, and I can't stress it enough, if you don't learn parrying or learn the button input for the knock-away, you will not survive long. I simultaneously like and hate that about this game, especially with how easily the lizard lancers can bum-rush you with five-strings from their charge. Oh, and good luck against shielded enemies, without parry. Spear spam will not save you.
Reactions: Fontes
Fontes
Fontes
Thanks for the feedback! In regards to how relentless the enemies are, at the time of this reply that has already been toned down with more readable wind-ups, among other things. For example, Frilleons (the guys with the polearms) now have an actual wind-up animation instead of a static frame, so it's easier to tell the exact moment before they start charging.

You'll still greatly benefit from all the skills you have at your disposal, mind you... along with some new things that have already been added. While parrying was never the only way to dispatch Iguanis, now even less so. Because options are a fun thing to have!

I will not be updating the submitted build to avoid confusion, but if you want you can check all the new stuff on the Discord server linked above!
SageofMa'i
SageofMa'i
I might just do that~ I hope this project goes well in the future~
Beautiful graphics, fun gameplay, fair difficulty balancing, and excellent sound design. Only knocks are the music is kinda samey, the grab mechanic feels unfinished, and I wish I could remap the buttons. Near perfect demo, though. ♥