don't click here

Cottontales Tech Demo

General Information

**MEGA UPDATE** - Thanks to DJ Ear over on Twitter, I discovered I accidentally uploaded a build with only the last room accessible. Crunched a little too hard on this one it seems. My goodness. That has been fixed. Hope you guys actually enjoy this build!

Hi there, my name is Apsel Bluestar. And this is Cottontales! A 2D platformer I started a little over 2 years ago. This game has gone through so many phases, and changes throughout it's life. This retro styled demo is meant to act as a setup to a much larger game. The gameplay however may be largely different. That's where you all come in! Let me know what to change, what to add, so on and so fourth. I hope you enjoy it!
Made in GameMaker Studio 2 8_7_2021 10_17_35 PM.png

Comments

I don't think this game has a hook yet. The gameplay is about as basic as possible, the graphics use a primitive color palette, there's nothing to incentivize success, and there's no characterization or story. There's no clear reason to play this instead of any other platformer. You need a way to finish the sentence "I want to play Cottontales so I get a chance to........"

I don't think this game has a hook yet. The gameplay is about as basic as possible, the graphics use a primitive color palette, there's nothing to incentivize success, and there's no characterization or story. There's no clear reason to play this instead of any other platformer. You need a way to finish the sentence "I want to play Cottontales so I get a chance to........"
That's a good question there. I've felt like the game needed something for a long time but I couldn't quite but my finger on it. Just felt like something was missing. Thanks a ton, I really appreciate your feedback.

Item information

Added by
ApselTheBlue
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from ApselTheBlue

Share this item