don't click here

Game Maker Studio Sonic MAX

Overview

Sonic Max is an open-source Sonic engine made in GameMaker Studio. The main purpose with this engine is to be as accurate as possible to the classic Genesis games, while allowing for as much customization as possible.

Sonic MAX is designed to be efficient and easy to use with many flags for changing certain aesthetics. Sonic MAX is open for anyone to contribute or help out. Sonic MAX is made to be very efficient, easy to use, and can be exported for many different platforms, with an initial development time of 500+ hours, over the course of 6 months.

Updates

Latest reviews

Pros: Smooth controlles, plays very well, response time is perfect, all in feels just like Sonic 1+2.
Cons: Normal bugs
Love this engine a lot, it help me so much with understanding coding and help create games smoothly. Thank you all. Wonderful team here.
Reactions: JKmac
SonicFan33
SonicFan33
HOW D0 I GET ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Pros: still a great game for max engine
Cons: little bit buggy
I liked this fan game a lot because it makes you go through the first levels in sonic classic games.
Pros: Many good features. Works nice.
Cons: Very laggy when it's working with a browser. That's all I can also say.

Comments

Why is this game engine tagged as a mistake? Is it a game engine that I should be using?

When i try to launch the engine there's some script errors which involves the immersion_play_effect script. Fix this thing before you intend to release the engine.

When i try to launch the engine there's some script errors which involves the immersion_play_effect script. Fix this thing before you intend to release the engine.
Well, this engine is made within GMS because it's format is .gmz, so what i am gonna do? Is there a fix?

Downloaded it from Sonic Retro and all the issues that i was expecting (i use GameMaker Studio 1.4 btw) were nowhere to be found. It seems that i was lucky on that part :D (But someone please help me on how do i make Sonic MAX run in Widescreen without it getting stretched plsthxbye)

Downloaded it from Sonic Retro and all the issues that i was expecting (i use GameMaker Studio 1.4 btw) were nowhere to be found. It seems that i was lucky on that part :D (But someone please help me on how do i make Sonic MAX run in Widescreen without it getting stretched plsthxbye)
Nevermind, newer versions of GameMaker Studio 1 made sure that Sonic MAX doesn't work at all, so... stick to older verisons of GM:S 1?

If you leave Tails in water and quickly run away. When he spawns on you instead of his normal flying animation he is doggie paddling in mid air.

Item information

Added by
Tpot
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.86 star(s) 7 ratings

Downloads

More in 2D Frameworks

More from Tpot