don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Mega Man X8 16-bit

General Information

A Mega Man X8 16-bit demake project, being created using Godot Engine 3.5.

Main differences:
  • No medals, shop, retry chips or intermissions - look forward to a vanilla item hunt experience similar to X1~X3.
  • Only X will be playable. Zero, Axl and the navigators will not be playable.
  • Both Avalanche Yeti's and Gigabolt Man-O-War's stages are going to be reworked to play similar to Overdrive Ostrich's stage from Mega Man X2.
  • The RideChaser will work similar to Mega Man X2, but is now more responsive and can be stopped at any point. It also has the damaging airdash from X4.
  • Jakob Elevator will not be just an auto-scrolling elevator level and Gateway will not be just a classic boss rush.
  • The Neutral Armor will not be unlocked all at once anymore - rather, the armor parts will be displayed over X's body, similar to classic games. The color of each part will fade to yellow if X is not wearing a full set.
  • Ultimate Armor will not be in the game.
  • Some Icarus and Hermes armor parts have been reworked slightly:
    • Hermes foot parts now makes you invulnerable while dashing on the ground.
    • Hermes body parts now lets you recover energy for a brief time after getting damage by destroying enemies.
    • Icarus foot parts now lets you double jump and double air dash.
Progress so far:
  • Current build has the intro stage plus all eight maverick stages completed, with their respective bosses, weapons and secrets.
  • The current demo has a very balanced battle totally free of any bugs as a placeholder for the final stages.

Latest reviews

Hi, 1 question: is there NO bonus for completing triple S-rank in Optic Sunflower's stage? There's clearly an additional boss gate there that MUST do SOMETHING. The Cut Man fight, maybe? I hate to think I just wasted an hour and a half for a challenge that rewarded me with NOTHING.
Game muito bom, tem uma dificuldade decente mesmo para quem já está acostumado com outros games de megaman x
, mecanicas do boss boas diria até melhor que no x8, o jogo ficou um pouco mais rápido, as animações caprichadas, espero muito que o game saia logo porque estou morrendo de vontade de jogar e a ansiedade está a mil, a demo está muito boa tirando alguns defeitos como o loop de som quando se carrega o tiro e dar uma balanceada nos ataques do dark mantis que estão muito rapidos e se vc estiver sem a parte dos pés da armadura ou subtanks fica praticamente impossível de derrotar pois não dá para desviar dos ataques. Fora isso o jogo está otimo, a mecanica da motinha na fase do avalanche yeti está muito boa, e a luta com ele também, tem um bug no final da fase do dark mantis que os robos atacam por tras da porta do boss, todos os leveis até agora caprichados eu iria sugerir que o tiro colidisse com o cenário (as paredes) para aumentar um pouco a dificuldade do game, mas como é um demake baseado nas mecanicas do x1 x2 e x3 é compreenssível que o tiro atravesse a parede. Se possivel explicar o que a armadura icaro faz ja que tu só consegue pegar ela no debug mode seria bom a parte do peito principalmente que eu nao tenho a menor ideia do que faz, de resto o game está otimo e um trabalho extremamente profissional, eu me formei em game design 2D no final do ano passado e quando eu vejo trabalhos assim fico extemamente animado, aprendi a fazer games no construct 2 mas quero migrar para a GODOT no final desse ano se puder me dar umas dicas agradeço.
Muito obrigado por fazer esse game, isso tras de volta a memoria afetiva de muita gente que jogou megaman x na infancia como eu e que infelizmente viu a CAPCOM simplesmente abandonar a franquia depois de estragar o game com o megaman x7 (colocar em 3D foi a pior coisa na minha opinião) e x8 (que ficou menos pior e jogavel) e agora vou poder jogar um megamam de qualidade novamente gracas a vc.
Reactions: rafams and Kenap99
S
Saints
METRO pasa el link del juego
B
BLRBG
Ayooooo , what the you have just bring to the world?

I really thought this mega man style will come with the Christ only…

you should sell the full game honestly….

the respond time also of the controller in this game is faster than the console x legacy collection respond time. Even when it is from capcom it self….

Without even mentioning the beauty of the yeti stage with also the manowar stage.

But It felt really Mega man x when talking about giga manowar stage.

Played it 3 times … and I think i am gonna play another 🫠
Hello! I would like to share my experience playing the Mega Man x8 16-bit Fan Game, expressing my admiration for the franchise and sharing my impressions and suggestions for improvement.

The beginning of the first stage, titled 'Noah's Park', provided an incredible introduction full of nostalgia, with impressive fidelity to the original and, above all, visually stunning. It's worth noting that in this fan game, the characters Zero and AXL are not available, and you can only play with X, reminiscent of the classic 16-bit Mega Man games, with his instant armors.

Moreover, one of the most notable aspects are the final bosses of each stage, which feature impressive pixel art, reminiscent of the 3D game, with renewed attacks and abilities. The difficulty of these bosses is significant, requiring strategy and memorization of their patterns, adding a rewarding challenge to the game.

As for the stages, it is notable that the Avalanche Yeti and Gigabolt Man-o-War stages were/are being created from scratch, with a differentiated approach, while maintaining fidelity to the original game stages. This unique approach is one of the aspects that make these stages of this fan game even more impressive!

Another notable aspect that I consider positive is the removal of the metal shop, which makes the player search for heart tanks, energy tanks, and armor during the stages, providing a gameplay experience even more similar to the classic 16-bit Mega Man X games. This approach is really interesting because it maintains the dynamics present in the old games, making the experience even more authentic.

Another positive aspect is the adaptation of enemy sprites from the original game to a 16-bit version, including enemies that did not have a 16-bit version. The pixel art work done for this adaptation is remarkable, with visually stunning and satisfying results.

In addition, it is important to mention that the game's initial menu has been remastered into a 2D format, which, in my opinion, is impressive considering that it is an ongoing project. However, I believe that there is still room for improvement in the near future.

I believe I have already mentioned all the positive aspects of this game, I apologize if I forgot something, but for now, that's all. Now, I will briefly list the points that did not please me, accompanied by suggestions for improvement for these negative points.

1- Optimization: This demo does not have a graphic configuration to reduce resolution or visual effects, which makes gameplay on less powerful computers unpleasant due to significant FPS drops. An example of this is the "Inferno" stage, where my FPS dropped from 30 to 15, making it difficult to pass through that area. Another problematic point is the "Pitch Black" stage, which also has several points with significant FPS loss, making the experience tedious and time-consuming.

My suggestion for improvement: optimize the game and add options to change the resolution in fullscreen or windowed mode, making gameplay easier on less powerful computers.

2- Dark Mantis: What can I say about this boss... My experience with him was extremely frustrating, as I was using X with only the Hermes armor on his chest. I struggled a lot with the insane difficulty of this boss, with its fast attack patterns and attacks that are almost impossible to dodge. It almost became necessary to have a complete armor and heart tanks to face this boss. I spent over an hour trying to defeat this boss and only didn't give up because I was extremely persistent, having to memorize each attack pattern to face him like a Mega Man speedrunner.

My suggestion for improvement: do something about this boss before someone else has a rage attack trying to defeat it!

3- X Buster: When I started playing, I faced significant challenges with X's normal buster shots, as their damage was insufficient to defeat some enemies quickly, resulting in taking damage before eliminating them. Even when pressing the fire button repeatedly, some enemies still took too long to be defeated, which increased my vulnerability. On the other hand, X's charged shot was overly powerful, capable of eliminating almost any enemy with just one charged shot, making the game relatively easy. I suggest balancing the X Buster to provide a more challenging and balanced gameplay experience.

My suggestion for improvement: I suggest a review of enemy balancing and X's buster to avoid an uneven gameplay experience.

4- Charged Shot: X's charged shot is not instant, taking a few seconds to start charging, which results in me taking unnecessary damage from some enemies. Another issue is the fade out of X's charged buster shot, where the sound of the charge slowly fades out. Additionally, there are irritating cuts in the loop.

Charged Shot sound fading out vídeo example:

My suggestion for improvement:
Fix these issues to make the game more polished.

5- Extreme Damage: I would like to point out that the high damage dealt by some enemies, such as the motorcycle character in the Avalanche Yeti stage, and Dark Mantis' "desperate attack," can be considered unfair. This can make fighting against these enemies unjust, especially when facing Dark Mantis early in the battle. I suggest evaluating whether these damage levels are intentional or need to be adjusted to provide a more balanced and challenging gameplay experience.

My suggestion for improvement: Balance the enemies and future bosses.

I conclude my analysis of the game, which was elaborated with care, dedication, and attention. I hope that some developer can read this review and understand that it is just my opinion, and that I wish the best for this fan game. I appreciate the excellent work done and the care dedicated to it. :)

Attachments

Last edited:
S
Sylvania
Also i may be interpreting "It's worth nothing" wrong. Please let me know if i did some mistakes.
Yovelynn
Yovelynn
To be honest, i would like to play whit Axl or zero but, more like of some sorta of... unlockable chracter? like a secret after you finish the game, you can play whit zero or axl in a new game whit rewened difficulty or something like that, but the game's purpose is to remember old 16bit mega man x games where only x where "playable" (Oh but mega man x3?) YOU CANT PLAY WHIT ZERO IN MMX3 SORRY BRO XD.
D
damage_case138
I can't beat Gigabolt Manowar either. I remember him being A LOT easier in the original. He hits like a truck now and his lightning attack ridiculously hard to dodge.... and he SPAMS it!!!

Comments

Hello good Morning!
first of all the game looks amazing...
but i have a big problem...
I don't know why this is specific because others do
but I get an error that won't let me open it in any way...

Your video card driver does not support any of the supported opengl versions.
Please update your drivers or if you have a very old or integrated GPU, upgrade it.

help me please

Esse Demake é muito bom mesmo.

Megaman X8 é o meu Megaman X favorito da Série, e essa versão (pelo menos para mim) aperfeiçoa ainda mais o jogo que já era muito bom. Ele tem alguns Bugs aqui e ali, mas em geral é um ótimo Demake que claramente é feito com carinho, mas eu queria perguntar uma coisa que, por mais que esteja escrito acima, não sei se irá se aplicar ao jogo quando (ou caso) ele for terminado.

Seguinte: A primeira coisa é que eu queria saber se realmente o jogo só vai ter o X como personagem jogável mesmo, ou se ele só tem o X como personagem jogável por enquanto, tipo, seria realmente maravilhoso se tivesse os outros dois Personagens, Axl e Zero, mas se tiver apenas o X até o final é totalmente compreensível, afinal, deve ter dado um trabalhão fazer esse Demake kkk.

E a segunda é que eu queria também saber se até o final, a Ultimate Armor não será adicionada ao jogo, que como eu disse antes, por mais triste que seja, é compreensível.

De qualquer forma, mesmo que no fim não haja nenhuma dessas duas Adições, o jogo é fenomenal e merece muito mais reconhecimento do que já tem. Estou tendo que escrever isso com os Pés, pois minhas mãos estão muito ocupadas aplaudindo o jogo.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This Demake is really good.

Megaman X8 is my favorite Megaman It has a few bugs here and there, but overall it's a great Demake that was clearly made with care, but I wanted to ask something that, even though it's written above, I don't know if it will apply to the game when (or if) it is finished.

Next: The first thing is that I wanted to know if the game will really only have X as a playable character, or if it only has X as a playable character for now, like, it would be really wonderful if it had the other two characters, Axl and Zero, but if there's only X until the end it's totally understandable, after all, it must have been a lot of work to do this Demake lol.

And the second is that I also wanted to know if by the end, Ultimate Armor will not be added to the game, which as I said before, as sad as it is, is understandable.

In any case, even if in the end there are neither of these two Additions, the game is phenomenal and deserves much more recognition than it already has. I'm having to write this with my Feet as my hands are too busy applauding the game.

Anyway, even if there aren't these two Additions in the end, the game is phenomenal and deserves much more recognition than it already has. I'm having to write this with my Feet as my hands are too busy applauding the game.

Item information

Added by
AlyssonDaPaz
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.50 star(s) 18 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item