don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Sonic Colors Demastered (SAGE '22 Demo)

General Information

NOTE - A few people have been having some issues figuring things out in the demo so let me clarify:
  • You need to walk ALL THE WAY LEFT in a hub zone to get to the world map. From there, you can select a different zone to play through. There are 2 ZONES in the demo, Tropical Resort AND Starlight Carnival.
  • For the demo, there are ONLY 2 acts in each zone. Acts 3/4/5 won't unlock no matter what you do!

Reach for the Stars!
Join Sonic, Tails, and a colorful cast of aliens to put a stop to Eggman’s plans for interstellar domination!

Sonic Style!
Use Sonic’s signature suite of abilities, including the boost, grind, and homing attack, to make your way through exhilarating, high-speed 2D platforming challenges!

Bright Lights, Vivid Colors!
Team up with the wisps to unlock color powers, powerful transformations that give Sonic new abilities! Zip forward at lightning speeds with the Cyan Laser color power, or switch blocks to solve puzzles with the Blue Cube color power. More color powers will be available in the full version of the game!

Screenshots:
Screenshot (40).png
Screenshot (46).png
Screenshot (43).png
Screenshot (42).png
Wisps:
BoostCapsule1.gif
WHITE WISP
These are the most common wisps you'll find throughout Eggman's Interstellar Amusement Park. Sonic can absorb white wisps to refill his boost gauge. Pick up white wisp capsules or defeat enemies to rescue them!
spr_WispCapsuleLaser.gif
CYAN WISP
This wisp is quite the energetic little guy. When Sonic absorbs one, he can turn into the electrifying Cyan Laser form! Use wisp crystals strewn throughout levels to find shortcuts and defeat enemies. If you hit a laser antenna, you can even travel underground at high speeds!
CubeWisp.gif
BLUE WISP
Sonic can absorb a blue wisp to turn into the three-dimensional Blue Cube form! Press the Color Power Ability button to flip blocks strewn throughout levels and solve puzzles! Be careful though, when the power runs out all the blocks flip back!
wispcapsulerocket1.gif
???
???
WispCapsuleRhythm1.gif
???
???
void.gif
???
???

Controls:
Keyboard:

WASD = Move
Spacebar = Jump/Select
U = Boost
I = Stomp (while in air)
O = Activate Color Power/Color Power Ability
S (Hold) + Spacebar (Mash) = Spin Dash (while on ground)
S (Hold) + I = Rail Drop (while grinding)

Controller (XInput):
D-Pad = Move
A Button = Jump/Select
X Button = Boost
B Button = Stomp (while in air)
Y button = Activate Color Power/Color Power Ability
Down (Hold) + A Button (Mash) = Spin Dash (while on ground)
Down (Hold) + B Button = Rail Drop (while grinding)

(control remapping is fully supported within the game)

Game Progress!
7%

Comments

The game also only supports having one controller type connected at a time. So if you have a keyboard plugged into your computer AND a controller it will no longer read input from the keyboard and will only read it from the controller. Is the keyboard the only input device you have plugged into your computer? Also, are you playing on a laptop or a desktop?
i am playing on a laptop with nothing plugged in besides my mouse and headset

i am playing on a laptop with nothing plugged in besides my mouse and headset
Hmmm, that is very strange then. Someone else in the comments also mentioned the game not working on their computer so this could be an issue on certain systems. If you don't mind, could you share the following specs of your computer:
- model/brand
- operating system
- CPU
- GPU
I'm currently working on a new demo for the game and while I can't make any promises I'll take a look at things and see if I can potentially find the cause of this issue and fix it. Also, this is a total shot in the dark but maybe try disconnecting your mouse and headset and then starting the game? That shouldn't matter at all but it's the last thing I can think of.

Hmmm, that is very strange then. Someone else in the comments also mentioned the game not working on their computer so this could be an issue on certain systems. If you don't mind, could you share the following specs of your computer:
- model/brand
- operating system
- CPU
- GPU
I'm currently working on a new demo for the game and while I can't make any promises I'll take a look at things and see if I can potentially find the cause of this issue and fix it. Also, this is a total shot in the dark but maybe try disconnecting your mouse and headset and then starting the game? That shouldn't matter at all but it's the last thing I can think of.
alright! thanks anyways for this amazing help. right now im running on a lenovo thinkpas 3. so maybe its just a problem with my pc. what i can see though. it looks like an amzing game! goodluck on the development

the next update gona be in sage 23?

i am waiting
Hey! The next update doesn't have a confirmed release date just yet but the project is still being actively worked on! You can follow us on Twitter or YouTube for updates:

Twitter: @RandomocityGmng
YouTube: Randomocity Gaming

I can't find the first red ring on starlight carnival act 2 :(
Ooo, yeah that one's kind of tricky. I'll give you a hint!

The first red ring is VERY CLOSE to the start of the stage. Remember that Sonic can use his "rail drop" ability if you hold down+stomp. Finding the first red ring involves using the rail drop somewhere near the start of the stage, so when grinding on rails around that area keep an eye out. It also may or may not be near a rail switch ;) Good luck!

Ooo, yeah that one's kind of tricky. I'll give you a hint!

The first red ring is VERY CLOSE to the start of the stage. Remember that Sonic can use his "rail drop" ability if you hold down+stomp. Finding the first red ring involves using the rail drop somewhere near the start of the stage, so when grinding on rails around that area keep an eye out. It also may or may not be near a rail switch ;) Good luck!

FOUND IT, thank you so much dude, you're a legend ;)

LOVE this demo! The controls are tight enough for steady gameplay, but also loose enough for enjoyable controls. The skill shop works like a charm, and the Wisps are pretty neatly implemented. People have said here that it feels professional, but I disagree. This is far too good to be a professional title, and SEGA couldn't come anywhere near replicating this. My only caveat is that there are no downloads for Mac/Linux, so I have to play it with Wine, and am getting a blank screen every time I try and load it up since I first closed it. However, beyond that, it's great! Hope to see more from this project in the future!

LOVE this demo! The controls are tight enough for steady gameplay, but also loose enough for enjoyable controls. The skill shop works like a charm, and the Wisps are pretty neatly implemented. People have said here that it feels professional, but I disagree. This is far too good to be a professional title, and SEGA couldn't come anywhere near replicating this. My only caveat is that there are no downloads for Mac/Linux, so I have to play it with Wine, and am getting a blank screen every time I try and load it up since I first closed it. However, beyond that, it's great! Hope to see more from this project in the future!
Hey, thank you for the kind words! And there's definitely more planned for the future. I'm currently hard at work getting a new demo with more content ready for this year's SAGE Expo so look forward to that!

Also, apologies that only a Windows build is available currently. I use a Windows PC and a majority of the initial playtesters were also Windows users, so I just focused on that platform to start. I know Mac is a popular platform and would very much like to make a Mac version of the game available in the future if possible, same with Linux. I won't make any promises but it something I'm actively considering!

Hey! before i play why you didn't update the game? now its 2023 and it still no updates.
Working on the game has taken a lot of time. I have a full-time job so I have to balance the time I spend on the game with real life stuff. A new demo with more content is coming to this year's SAGE Expo though!

Item information

Added by
RandomocityGaming
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from RandomocityGaming

Share this item