don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Havoc Fox (SAGE '22 Demo)

General Information

NEW TO V6: CYGNAY, Lyle and Antarc now have VS portraits! Plus, minor bugfixes regarding visual glitches in Antarc's midboss fight.

NOTE: Please check the "Known Issues" section for bugs to look out for!
NOTE: Some art in-game, notably VS images, are placeholders.

Welcome to the world of Havoc Fox! The once peaceful continent of Vanalia has fallen victim to the tyrannic rule of its new ruler, and it's up to you to stop him! Havoc Fox is a 2D platformer inspired by the likes of Megaman ZX, Treasure games, and Freedom Planet! Play as either Grey, a sword-wielding, visor-wearing fox, or Venice, a rabbit/dragon hybrid with a faithful (and dangerous) owl companion as you fight your way through the corrupted kingdom of Vanalia to stop its tyrannical king!

Gameplay is subject to change, and some voice lines/ sound effects/art may be missing or incomplete!
This demo includes four stages: Moonlit Cove and Aqua Rocket for Grey, and Miracle City/Autumn Entropy for Venice.

Patreon_logo.svg.png
Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/havocfox

Discord-Logo.png
Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/havoc-studios
Steam_icon_logo.svg.png
Wishlist us on Steam!

DEFAULT CONTROLS (Keyboard) :

steamshot1.png
steamshot2.png

Grey:
Arrow Keys - Move/Interact (shops, NPCs)
Z - Jump
X - Melee Attack
C - Shoot (8 Directions)
S - Dash
S (Hold) - Longdash
S (Up) - Upwards Dash
V - Use special move
Shift - Switch special move
Enter - Pause
Z - Advance Text

Venice:
Arrow Keys - Move/Interact (shops, NPCs)
Z - Jump
X - Melee Attack
X (Hold) - Boost Dash
X (Down, Air) - Downkick
C - Shoot (5 Directions)
S - Dash
V - Use special move
Shift - Switch special move
Enter - Pause
Z - Advance Text

Controller Support has been changed since the last demo - we heard ya, we know it was terribly broken! I am hoping this year that it works substantially better than the last, it's been a long-running issue for me. A brand-new engine for controller support has been added that is no longer tied in any way to the keyboard, and it will now detect controllers plugged in after starting the game!

Please note that some things are still off, but mostly when it comes to mapping axes and some Nintendo controllers. Detecting the full range of axes and button types on all controllers is a work in progress, as well as re-mapping character movement.

KNOWN ISSUES

KNOWN ISSUES:
-Grey's voice may have odd mixing
-Possibly janky controller support
IMPORTANT:
-Grey's long dash is currently a bit inconsistent/janky
Reactions: Ice

Comments

I can definitely imagine some Freedom Planet inspiration in some of the color palettes, and there are some very creative enemy designs here... I really liked the bartender in particular. On the other hand, some other enemies are very hard to distinguish from their colorful backgrounds. There's good variety and action here.

This game is pretty good
Here are a few bugs I found
(1) So in the 2nd level for Grey its possible to actually skip the platform that takes you up
view the image thats attached
So yeah other than that no glitches
Havoc le glitch.jpg

Item information

Added by
HavocDusk
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from HavocDusk