don't click here

Feral Frontier

Overview

THIS GAME IS IN EARLY DEVELOPMENT. WE APPRECIATE FEEDBACK.

Feral Frontier is a side-scrolling action adventure with anthropomorphic pixel art, tight movement and combat. Rewild yourself while surviving an eat-or-be-eaten brutal-cute dystopian techno-wilderness. Play as the inquisitive Reynard who escapes captivity and learns what it means to be a fox.

FOLLOW US ONLINE
Twitter: @dirtybeastgames
Instagram: @dirtybeastgames
Facebook: @dirtybeastgames

Media

Credits

Josh Cheney - Game Design / Artist / Animator | Twitter @JRCheney1
Ken McHugh - Game Design / Programming / Music | Twitter @sludgecoyote
Felicia Cheney - Marketing

Comments

This has a very dedicated amount of time and effort put into this! with the well-detailed graphics and the polished gameplay! the stuff you can do is really cool! throwing a green crystal at an enemy then boomeranging him while dashing over him then slashing him from behind is a nice feeling!

I think the only 2 things I found jarring are the megaman-esc scrolling screens, it sort of killed the momentum with it (i assume thats just a limit with game maker 2?)
I did jank the boss by just spamming boomerang and standing near him when he does his bite animation until he died.
But it's still a good experience!

I hope your game finds success on steam in the future!

This has a very dedicated amount of time and effort put into this! with the well-detailed graphics and the polished gameplay! the stuff you can do is really cool! throwing a green crystal at an enemy then boomeranging him while dashing over him then slashing him from behind is a nice feeling!

I think the only 2 things I found jarring are the megaman-esc scrolling screens, it sort of killed the momentum with it (i assume thats just a limit with game maker 2?)
I did jank the boss by just spamming boomerang and standing near him when he does his bite animation until he died.
But it's still a good experience!

I hope your game finds success on steam in the future!
Thanks for the feedback and words of praise/encouragement. The boss is currently undergoing a rework as we have overhauled the attack boxes and hitstun, so the boomerang-on-boss cheese is only temporary.

The mega man room transitions were more of an aesthetic choice, and I think due to other feedback we've received we are considering using it much more sparingly in transitions that we intend to emphasize. It's not a limitation due to the code or hardware.

I dont know if words can explain how much of a phenomenal game this is! This is a smooth, bright, engaging, relaxing, and fun side scrolling platforming action adventure game. Crisp movements, and clean sounds, perfectly paced levels, and many areas to explore in each world! This is definitely one of the better 2D games I have played in years. Thanks for putting this one out for us. Below is my gameplay!

I dont know if words can explain how much of a phenomenal game this is! This is a smooth, bright, engaging, relaxing, and fun side scrolling platforming action adventure game. Crisp movements, and clean sounds, perfectly paced levels, and many areas to explore in each world! This is definitely one of the better 2D games I have played in years. Thanks for putting this one out for us. Below is my gameplay!

You caught a LOT of the references. We've playtested our game at various events, but having footage paired with commentary is extra nice for reference. I got a couple of notes from watching. Our demo is in-between polished versions at the moment but we were fine with releasing it anyway. We have been updating combat and AI, the invincible blue dog soldier chasing you down is an example of that in progress.

The inventory is going to be updated, but to explain why your boomerang was unequipped, it was because technically you equipped potions over its quickslot and then depleted them. "Use" should be above "Equip" in the menu in future iterations. The conveyance on our end wasn't great and I think we may change how that works.

It's always a joy to see somebody have fun with your creation, thanks for playing and covering us.

Dude you played the hell out of the demo, thank you!! I totally forgot I gave that mech dog soldier like 999999999 HP. You also made me realize we need to add some closure to the raccoon's toilet paper quest.

Item information

Added by
dirtybeastgames
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from dirtybeastgames

• Roskur's Run
    Roskur’s Run is a fast-paced action platformer. You control Roskur on...

Share this item