don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Surge the Rabbit - SAGE '22 Demo

General Information

Surge the Rabbit - Demo 1

GET THE LATEST VERSION BELOW

Latest version: 0.6.0.3 (September 23rd, 2022)

A fun 2D retro platformer inspired by Sonic games and a game creation system that lets you unleash your creativity! We're creating a remake of our previous entry with Open Surge, a very flexible and open-source game engine of our own.

Make your dreams come true! Create your own amazing games and learn how to code with SurgeScript, a scripting language for games that is fun to use! Create new levels, items, bosses, playable characters, gameplay mechanics, cutscenes and more! Surge_with_sunglasses.png

Reactions: Ice

Comments

I may be slightly biased here, but I love this engine so much. It has been expanding and changing for the better over the time I have been using it. This latest demo features some cool parallax effects, fun level design and an inspiring boss. And the best part? You can use this as a stepping stone to make your own game! Whether you are interested in level design, reskinning or even scripting itself, this engine provides a beginner friendly learning tool that has been very helpful for myself

I'm pretty sure I could recognize every different element in those levels as coming from specific Sonic zones, but even so, it's always a pleasure to see so many more interactive things than just springs and rings, even under the thin totally-not-Sonic veneer. I took a glance at the editor documentation but I'm not a big fan of the giant 128x128 blocks or learning another scripting language when time-tested stuff like AngelScript or Lua or even Python already exist. But the playable experience in this demo is just fine, there are a lot of branching paths and stuff. Maybe too many automated sections. The plug theme is cute. Pretty good stuff.

Item information

Added by
alemart
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from alemart

Share this item