don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Bun 'N' Gun - Toybox demo

General Information

This is the Toybox demo for Bun 'N' Gun, this demo is made to gauge interest and get feedback for the potential future of bun n' gun's gameplay.

In this demo you can run through 3 areas, the Toybox , the Swing course and the 2D demo

The Toybox is a quick level showcasing an example of what the main game could be where there's some mechanics you can play around with but primarily hunt down the bats and catch em.

The Swing course is a fast obstacle course with one bat to catch at the end of it, try to make it to the end as fast as you can.

The 2D demo is a quick showcase of the spline pathing system showing how some 2D sections could work.

if you want to support the game further be sure to support me on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/Sharb

Latest reviews

On top of the pun and gun name for this game, this game is fantastic.

Pros:
+the songs are funky and really cool, please release an OST when the game eventually releases. (the stage song reminds me of pizza tower for some reason)
+grapple hook is so fun!
+glad to know there's people supporting this on patreon
+overall very promising game with lots of potential

Cons:
-in the 2d section, I recommend the grapple hook works like the worm's ninja rope, you can shoot it but also extend/de-extend the rope.
-the gun doesn't feel needed, like it feels more of a speedrunning platformer than a gunner. you could have an aim button. while you hold down the aim button in mid air, time slows and gives you a chance to shoot. like BOTW air shots.
-instead of collecting apples, shouldn't a bunny collect...you know... carrots?
-(I used x box one controller) instead of using a right stick camera, using the left stick as a camera and movement was a little difficult but I got used to it.

I'm sure you have your own direction for making this game but these are my thoughts, hope they help.

keep going with this game! you can do it!
Reactions: F108_Star
Just wanna say, this game has so much potential!

Like the grappling hook physic mixed with Sonic-like gameplay is really neat. My only down point is the shoot mechanics, it feels like it's here just for the sake of being here, but it doesn't compliment the overhaul gameplay.
Reactions: F108_Star

Comments

I remember the demo from last year, so interesting to see the dev has changed direction to a 3D game. This demo is fun to play and serves as a good foundation for a potential future game. The mechanics work well, I particularly appreciated how to camera zoomed out when running which is something a lot of games get wrong. Not to mention, who doesn't love bunnies? I look forward to seeing the next demo from this dev. Good work!

Really liked this, it has lots of potential for a fun game! The only thing that was really holding back this demo were the missing camera controls

I could imagine this as a special stage engine for brief periods, but I don't think it's worth throwing away all your work on the 2D game for. For a game with "Gun" in the name, I'd at minimum want to see you have some sense of how to make a gun work in a fast-moving 3D space.

Item information

Added by
Sharb
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from Sharb