don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Framework Not so Simple Sonic Advance Worlds

General Information

nssadv banner.png

This is a base engine available for anyone to use to create their own Sonic Advance style game in Clickteam Fusion 2.5.
You need at least Build 294.10 or higher to run this.

How to play:

['D-pad']-Move
['A']-Jump
['B']-Action

Final Update v1.2.3 has now been released! The update includes:
  • Added Devmode_Debug (let's you spawn objects during level gameplay).
  • Added Character Select (Now you can add your own character profiles for custom characters!)
  • Platforms now have backgrounds (Thanks to Julio Cesar (@NaitorStudios))
  • Fixed Camera for Aspect Ratio and overall Camera Code.
  • Fixed Partner carrying player & animation during underwater.
  • Fixed Capsule Fall Collision and added camera shake for when it lands.
  • Fixed Amy Air Attack bug where animation won't play after launching off corkscrew spring and improved overall code function.
  • Characters now bounce off objects and enemies properly.
  • Getting 100+ Rings now plays the 1up jingle.
  • Overall Physics improvement.
  • Act 2 has been included (mainly to show off water and the template boss LOL)
  • Other various fixes.
v1.2.3 Hotfix:
  • Fixed screen resize issue.
  • There's now only one template level instead of two full acts in the source build.
  • Improved Rail Grinding system (Player can now jump off rails at anytime).
  • Added back in the proper menu that was made for the example build.
  • Sonic now has full range of his Color Palette which gives his super transformation proper palette cycle across his entire sprite.
  • You can fastforward title card by pressing A now.
  • Fix animation from freezing when Knuckles stops gliding while turning.
  • Fix camera shake and capsule land sfx from replaying after unpausing.
  • Fix bug where player is able to pause while title card is activated after re-entering debug mode.
  • Fix rolling sfx from playing while holding on on certain gimmicks as well as adding sfx when knuckles glides or falls on bounce platforms.
  • Fix Super Sonic's Skin being behind Partner.
  • Fix bug where Amy could use her air attack during debug mode.
  • Fix Knuckles Fall & Slide animation from restarting after unpausing.
  • Player can now properly jump underwater.
What originally started as a revival of my original sonic fangame I attempted to do before Sonic Alpha inspired by Alexandre Martins's Neo Sonic Universe became a Sonic Advance Framework for Clickteam Fusion and it's finally done! It is a modified version of Not so Simple Sonic Worlds by LakeFeperd (and the same knowledge applied to it can be applied here because it is literally the same framework just "Sonic Advance-ified".)

Within the Download is the source code (Which works with Standard Fusion 2.5) and an example game built into an exe that you can play (Your PC might accuse it of it being a virus but I assure you this is not a virus.)

To turn Super Sonic press the "Select" button and you should hear a ring sfx and recieve 50 Rings if you haven't gotten that amount already. As long as you have 50 Rings after doing that jump and press "X" while in mid-air to transform.

To enable Debug mode press the "L" button in the menu you should hear a ring sfx for each time it's turned on/off which you can check in the options menu. Then press the "L" button again while in level to activate it. The "R" button is used to spawn objects, the "A" button is used to change objects and the "B" button is used to swap monitor boxes.

I have included within the download all of the required extensions you need to open the file IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE THEM!

Update Log v1.1:

• Sign Post now works like original Advance Thanks to Yonatankr
  • Works in Standard Fusion 2.5
  • Fixed falling off Loops although it still might happen but not as often
  • Adjust Sonic's Air-Dash to be quicker
Update Log v1.2:

• Partner Tails' skin is now checked to "follow the frame"(Previously it was unchecked before due to a bug where the skin would disappear while looping past the goal but that bug has now been fixed.)
  • Permanently fixed a bug (caused by sensor adjustment code) that was causing the player to fall off while running or spin dashing mid-loop.
  • Added Loop Tunnel Gimmick Sprite as well as the collision now attached to it by code like all of the other gimmicks.
  • Tunnel code has been updated.
  • "?" Monitor Rings have now been added.
  • Characters now have proper skidding animation and blink in their idle animation lol.
  • Characters no longer move nor can do any action during the level ending sequence.
  • Knuckles can now look up while floating across the surface of water.
  • Knuckles doesn't clip through walls while gliding at the bottom edge of collision anymore.
  • Tails flight has been adjusted.
  • Corkscrew animation sprites for all characters have adjusted to match the original game properly.
  • Camera now pans when player spin dash above max speed like in the original game.
  • Fixed walking animation resetting while pressing the arrow keys.
  • Added missing hurt animation frame for sonic, tails & knuckles.
  • Camera, Background, Signpost, and Capsule has been adjusted to be more accurate to the original.
  • Partner Ai has been slightly updated.
  • Partner Ai can now use their action attack.
  • Fixed Camera on Capsule.
  • Added option to enable Super music in the code (Turned on by default.)
  • "Prevent Tails Respond" is now a qualifier instead of an object so you can use it for on anything you want.
  • Created a Looping Sound System within the Not so Simple Sonic Worlds sound engine so now you can loop music seamlessly instead of having to use two tracks (one for intro and the other for the loop.)
  • Various other adjustments & bugfixes.
Update Log v1.2.1:
  • Slight Camera Adjustments
  • Fixed Enemy Collision Code (should fix previous performance issues that was causing slowdown.)
  • Removed SAGE 2020 Anniversary intro as that has long since been over lol.
Update Log v1.2.2:
  • Ported Key Mapping from Sonic Worlds Delta but I modified the control scheme to be in the style of the GBA.
  • Fixed Crabmeat Badnik Animation hotspot.
  • Fixed Crabmeat bug where it sometimes floats to the top of platform it's under.
  • Slightly adjusted Screen Resolution (now it's 284x160 as opposed to 285x160 for proper 16:9 Resolution) and fixed Screen Resize code (Now it resizes accurately with no irregular stretched out pixels).
  • Added Vsync to options.
  • Added to options choice to pick between Aspect Ratio [3:2](240x160 Original GBA Aspect Ratio) and [16:9](284x160 Custom Widescreen Aspect Ratio I developed which is set on by default).
  • Hud layout has been slightly adjusted.
  • Characters can now use actions while looking up or crouching down.
  • Title Card Zone and Character Victory names scrolling has been redone.
  • Pause system has been entirely reworked along with majority of the engine code being tweaked for it (Users can now choose between Sonic Advance Style Pause [Pause & Unpause only] & Sonic Advance 2 Style Pause [Able to exit the level while Pausing]) in the engine.
  • Fixed Player not turning properly while still.
  • Fix Knuckles not being able to jump after landing on ground during swimming.
  • Fixed Super Peel-Out (While unused you can enable it inside the engine if you like).
  • Other various tweaks & bugfixes.
Update Log v1.2.2(Hotfix):
  • Fixed camera not panning back up while crouching down and spindashing.
  • Fixed Amy hammer sound playing multiple times at once.
  • Fixed Player Idle animation not resetting upon re-entering the level.
  • Fixed Player from jumping as soon as the title card ends.
  • Fixed Checkpoint not resetting upon re-entering the level.
  • Checkpoints now function like they do in Sonic Advance.
  • Fixed Score not resetting when leaving the level.
  • Fixed Skidding animation resetting after unpausing.
  • Fixed Player sometimes falling off rails when jumping on them.
  • Minor bugfixes.

Aspect Ratio.png

Chs1.png
Chs2.png

1.png
2.png

3.png
4.png

5.png
6.png

7.png
8.png

9.png
10.png

11.png
12.png

NOT SO SIMPLE ADVANCE  LOGO.png

Credits

Game, framework and logo created by Ice

Majority Programming: Ice

Some Additional Programming: Nihil, Yonatankr, Spindash12
Support: Spitfya
Original framework: Not so Simple Sonic Worlds by LakeFeperd
NSS Partner System: Ice, lighto, Carlos Ushiromiya and Rifty.
Bug Testing and fixing: Ice
Various Sprites: Spriter Resources and many ripped by Ice
Various Sfx: Sptifya, Sound Resource

Special Thanks to SonicGamingHub for the camera aspect ratio fix and idea.

Special Thanks:
Spitfya, Nihil, Yonatankr, Spindash12, SpookyGuga, RAGGY, Dark and Bennascar and anyone else who's helped or contributed in any sort of way If I haven't mentioned you.

Latest reviews

Back when Sonic Worlds engine was in the beta (or alpha?) and missed stuff such as goal posts, water, and bunch of pretty essential stuff like that, I tried to edit the engine to be more Sonic Advance oriented. This was prolly like 15 years ago lmao, I didn't get super close to proper Advance style but yeah, Sonic Worlds + Advance is something that's pretty uh, let's say close to my heart. This and Advance 2 engine are both amazing, not sure if I'll be doing much with them concidering I like to build my custom stuff nowadays, buuut having these around is real great!
Reactions: Ice
Ice
Ice
Thank you so much!

Comments

Hey man i can use the free version of Clickteam fusion or i need the payed version? because i like the sonic advance stlye and i will like to make "my" own sonic advance game :)

Hey man i can use the free version of Clickteam fusion or i need the payed version? because i like the sonic advance stlye and i will like to make "my" own sonic advance game :)
sorry man you have to have a payed copy of clickteam fusion to use this.

I had an "File Error!" message in Clickteam Fusion Developer 2.5+ version of aug 2020
Did you update your clickteam fusion? Because I can open this in Fusion 2.5 or 2.5+ without any problems. Also could you be more specific with the "File Error!" because as I stated before if you're going to use this framework in 2.5+ it uses a shader that has not been officially ported to Direct 11(which Fusion 2.5+ users can use) and in order to obtain it you must join the official clickteam fusion discord and ask for it.

Also I do not have Clickteam Fusion 2.5+ Developer but it should be able to open up standard Fusion 2.5 mfa.

Last edited:
I can't get it to run at full speed. If you saw my comment from yesterday on the Advance 2 version's page, then basically this is the same issue i was having with that. Except this time redownloading didn't fix anything.

I can't get it to run at full speed. If you saw my comment from yesterday on the Advance 2 version's page, then basically this is the same issue i was having with that. Except this time redownloading didn't fix anything.
Sorry to hear that. I'm not sure why as it runs full speed for me.
EDIT: wait a second! If you used the google drive link how do you even download this? I accidentally put it in the trash in my google drive! My bad. I just restored it try to redownload and see if it works. If not don't worry about this message. I forgot I had a mediafile upload as well. I uploaded the file itself onto the site here just to be safe also. @CreativeCult

Last edited:
Question for all that can answer - bad question too, mind you: How do I get the player to the next level? I added the next Zone to the Test Zone in the Storyboard Editor and in the Event List Editor, under "Next Stage to go to" i replaced Jump to frame "New Hedgland Logo" with Jump to frame "Test 2"

I'm not sure what I did wrong, so far, if I replace the frame with anything other than the New Hedgeland frame, it crashes the game. I thought the problem was something in the Test 2 frame (which is just a copied and pasted Test Zone with some edited images and backdrops).
I can't figure out what I've done wrong. I'll attach the .mfa if anyone is willing to help.

Question for all that can answer - bad question too, mind you: How do I get the player to the next level? I added the next Zone to the Test Zone in the Storyboard Editor and in the Event List Editor, under "Next Stage to go to" i replaced Jump to frame "New Hedgland Logo" with Jump to frame "Test 2"

I'm not sure what I did wrong, so far, if I replace the frame with anything other than the New Hedgeland frame, it crashes the game. I thought the problem was something in the Test 2 frame (which is just a copied and pasted Test Zone with some edited images and backdrops).
I can't figure out what I've done wrong. I'll attach the .mfa if anyone is willing to help.
Have you tried change the frame with something else than back to "Test 2" to see if it works? Strangely enough it worked fine for me. Do you have a discord? I can send you an invite and we could talk it out there or you can join the clickteam official discord and ask for help there as well.

Also setting "Jump to next frame" should solve the issue because "Test2" is right after it.

Last edited:
Have you tried change the frame with something else than back to "Test 2" to see if it works? Strangely enough it worked fine for me. Do you have a discord? I can send you an invite and we could talk it out there or you can join the clickteam official discord and ask for help there as well.

Also setting "Jump to next frame" should solve the issue because "Test2" is right after it.
It took a few times, but what you suggested worked! I'm glad i was persistent - Thanks!

Just wanted to let you know that a new update is out! (Probably my last one too as my next step is to finish Not so Simple Sonic Advance 2 Worlds.)

Where is the download link? Sorry, I'm new here, is this works like that? If so, where can I find the way to download your sonic advance fan game

ihave full version i can send you this is my discord hosein gamer#2329

Thanks man. I checked it and my expectations where more than right. I appreciate your work👊
Anytime 👊 By the way I'm going to release one last update (I mean it this time it will be my very last!....I hope.) in the next coming days (who knows it might even come out tomorrow because I've already finished it I'm just taking my time with polishment because frequently updating is a pain) which will include the control mapping from Sonic Worlds Delta which I ported back into Not so Simple Sonic Worlds but of course it's been modified to be gba style and an option to select between the widescreen resolution or the original gba resolution so stay tuned!

ihave full version i can send you this is my discord hosein gamer#2329
I'm sorry bro I left discord and I don't know when I will be going back. Is there something you need help with?

Apologies for the long wait but it's finally done! My last update, truly my magnum opus! Enjoy!

I know I said v1.2.2 was my last update however I found a fix for the Camera for Aspect Ratio implemented in the update and I figured if I were going to update one last time might as take some time and well go all out to fix and improvement every possible thing I can think of as well as adding in features I originally intended to add but was against at first (adding a character select and debug mode) because I wanted the framework to be bare-bones basic as the original Not so Simple Sonic Worlds lol. Good thing I didn't stick to that plan.

Item information

Added by
Ice
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in 2D Frameworks

More from Ice

Share this item