don't click here

Sonic Rush 3D (Sage 2021)

General Information

Rush_Project_Banner_Updated.png

Welcome to Sonic Rush 3D!
A 3D reimagining of the fan favorite 2D platformer, Sonic Rush!

Run, Jump, Slide, and Boost with style through this demo of Apotos/Water Palace.

Gameplay2.png

You might be wondering, "Why include Apotos in Rush 3D?" Well, some theories suggest that Water Palace takes place IN Apotos, so we decided to take that to the max!

Only Sonic is playable as of right now, but eventually, Blaze will be playable as well.

Version 0.2 (QoL Update):

We've listened to your feedback and made a quality of life update with the following features:
- Homing Attack buffed
- Tutorial Hints added
- Main Menu & Options Menu added
- Water chase nerfed
- Spindash added
- Physics tweaks
- Tricking buffed
- Ending sequence tweaked
- Tension Gauge more accurate to Rush now
- 2D sections (with actual 2d gameplay)
- Level design tweaks
- HD and Bit-crushed music toggle

(Note: Keyboard support and Direct-Input controls are still in development so it's recommended to play this game with an Xbox Controller)

Tricking!

Chaomix_Art_SR3D.png

When going off Dash Ramps and Rainbow Rings, tricking DRASTICALLY increases the Tension Gauge. You'll mainly be using this as your method to fill that up. HOWEVER. You have to "Finish" your chain of tricks. Failing to do so will make you unable to collect any of the boost that you may have earned. Rings and destroying Enemies will also be a method of gaining Tension, albeit, less than in past games.

Don't forget the additional moves you can do while tricking! Hitting the Left Trigger will give you a boost upwards, allowing for more tricks, and the Right Trigger will send you flying foward.

(Note: It's highly recommended to play this game with an Xbox Controller.)

Gameplay3.png

Default Controls:
Left Stick - Move
Right Stick - Camera Control
A - Jump/Airdash/Homing Attack
X - Boost/Airboost
B - Crouch/Slide
Y - Trick/Lightspeed Dash
RB/LB - Trick Finish/Switch Rails/Quickstep
LT - Drift/Double Jump: Boosts you upward (While Tricking)
RT - Drift/Hurricane kick: Flies you foward (While Tricking)

Gameplay4.png

Credits:

Project Directors:

ChickenWingJohnny
EnderElectrics
Temzy

Programming Team:
Beatz
ChickenWingJohnny
sonicjason255
Temzy
TheEternalSamurai

Modeling/Animation Team:
ChickenWingJohnny
EnderElectrics

Art Team:
chaomix
hazzavg
Novika
Temzy

Music Team:
ScrewStache
Temzy

Beta Testing:
BillieBawb
JaydenXV
NativeFall
Savvy

Special Thanks to >>>
FieryExplosion (Sprites)
GamefreakDX (Sprites)
tofuu
XPool

Latest reviews

Looks very promising. However, the level feel's pretty empty and there isn't much opportunity for tricks. If you can add more things to a level, and more varying pathways, that compliment the gameplay and reward mastery of the controls. I think that would help this game alot in the longrun. also if you are going to make a ranking system, make getting S ranks pisshard.

Tldr, make levels more compacts and varying in paths. and also make tricking more useful
B
bluerush3390
Where is download link
this game doesnt work with a nintendo controller and it doesnt let us customize our keyboard controls so its really unfun
Not bad, I think the demo looks and sounds amazing. My only issue being, the physics can be a bit off and the boost can tend to lead to death in the side-scrolling segments.
Reactions: sanic da heg

Comments

Hmmm maybe there should be a tutorial stage that has prompts to tell you about all the mechanics of the game. Most things are like obvious however itd be a way to explain the trick system, the upward trick and spinning kick trick, finishing combos in general

I liked the Demo overall. Still has a ton of rough patches that I hope get ironed out if the project continues. I feel the camera needs to be pulled back, Kill Zones need to be less abundant (especially when going over huge things like rocks, and being able to make it back to the stage, but getting killed off because out of bounds), toning down some of the boost physics (specifically the interaction with walls), making the Homing Attack tighter, faster, and more consistent, and just adjusting the level design a bit.

I only got a PS4 controller and the game keeps think that i'm rotating the camera, is there anyway to fix this?

im new to sonic fan games and unity but does anyone know how to fix this glitch were the camera keeps rotating when im not even using the right stick im using a xbox controller and im pretty sure i dont have drift

I recognized that animation style. Looks pretty swell! I'm glad to see another project come out! Good luck to you and your team

Enjoyed this 0.1 and 0.2 versions. Completed it using the retro bit Saturn Controller. (on main menu hold B and Start) sometimes exiting and reopening the game after trick works) Fair warn the buttons will take getting used to after about 4 mins.

Dont try to play this on Linux through Wine, you'll get black and white flashing

but looks really cool from gameplay videos and twitter updates, keep it up!

I can see Water Temple taking place in Apotos. In 3DS Generations it seems to appear in the background of the Water Palace stage

After the update playing with the dualshock 4 is literary impossible because the buttons are messed up for some reason. For example cross is b and x, L2 is start, stick dosen't even work and so on... I guess I will have to wait for the next update if this project will remain alive 😔

does anybody know how to download it properly? i found the download link but whenever i do, it downloads as an internet explorer file for some reason. when i click on the link it sends me to microsoft edge, and when i click on the download there it just reopens the file in a new tab. nothing i do helps me and i cannot find anything online to help. maybe i'm just being dumb and not looking properly but i just want to play this game.

please help meeee

I can't play, does someone have a solution for this? when i open the game it crashes and UnityCrashHandler comes in

Item information

Added by
SonicRush3D
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
3.85 star(s) 41 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item