don't click here

Sonic Before The Sequel Plus

General Information

You Played Sonic Before The Sequel?
Well I Brought To You Sonic Before The Sequel Plus!
An Sonic Before The Sequel Remake That Adds
The 2011 Soundtrack You Can Change Between The 2012 or 2011 Music
(The Soundtrack Its An Remixed One And Not The Original Soundtrack)
Tails Skin From Sonic After The Sequel
Improved Sprites
An 16:9 Aspect Ratio
And Easter Eggs
And More
Go Ahead And Download It !!

Latest reviews

I enjoyed the game play, a little bit glitchy with the title screen, but I'm running it on Linux, so it could be a problem on my end. Everything else was great. The game play was smooth. I loved the cut scenes.
For starters, I do want to give this credit for the touch ups it gives and the effort that was clearly put in.

-Wide Screen support is amazing, even going out of your way to reanimate the cut scenes to fit the resolution.

-New tails sprite is great in gameplay.

-New music choices are a nice edition and fit well.

-the drop dash is always a fun mechanic where-ever its implemented.

my positives do end there. As much as I like the idea of adding new cutscenes, They dont look nearly as good as the original's. Certain assets look really low res (could be a settings thing on my end), new animations are clunky and off-putting.

As fun as the dropdash is, I feel its implementation could have been handled a bit better, it feels a bit slow compared to that of sonic ats dx. I also couldnt find anywhere how to preform the damn thing, until I remembered how it was in ats, and it worked.

There are also minor graphical glitches and errors that will occasionally occur which I dont remember happening in the original. Like in the boss of rocky ride, a cloud overly appeared over everything else. perhaps that was meant to happen, but I dont think it looked all that good if that is the case.

Overall, I feel the jank out-ways the positives in my eyes. Sure wide screen is nice, but the more consistent experience of the original is preferable to me. So if you want to play bts, I'd recommend just going for the original. But if wide screen is really important to you, and you can look past the faults, or just havent tried it before, this way to play is passable.
P
PrimeTF
I wouldn't expect too much from BTS and ATS. It's got issues, and it's got some good parts, but you can't really judge it as a product of our time. Both games definitely feel like a product of 2011-2012 imo.
the plus version of sonic before the sequel, cool, it's the same, but with drop dash, so it revived my desire to play it again

Comments

Thank you so much for putting this here! I've been tryna find the downloads links to the original versions for a while.. I'm so thankful we finally have a version we can play!

As soon as the game launches, it automatically picks "start" which means I can't actually use any of the new features (widescreen being the whole reason I wanted this version) , any idea how to fix this?

The Drop Dash is a little bit weird (we can perform it with keeping the jump button held where you had to press twice and hold the jump button in Mania, and in this version he is a little bit late) and there is a bug with the place of the sprite "Pause" and the Score screen at the end of stages, otherwise very good!!!

i have a few questions that being is there a discord server dedicated to before and after the sequel and why does controller support not work right? it just auto holds left by its self.

Any chance we can get this sort of fix for ATS? This game works perfectly with cutscenes enabled now and I still can't get any version of ATS I find online working.

I'm not sure why controller support is not working, I've used a couple different controllers and none of them work right. The movement works but no matter what I do the a button only pauses the game, no other buttons do anything or change, I need help.

Item information

Added by
lelod671
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
3.50 star(s) 4 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from lelod671