don't click here

Sonic 2 Time Quest

General Information

TIME 2 PLAY, ARE YOU READY?

s2tqsagebanner.png

Sonic 2 Time Quest is a love letter to Sonic 2 prototype content of all kinds, lost and found. Follow Sonic and his new sidekick Miles 'Tails' Prower go on an adventure on West Side Island to stop Dr. Eggman once again. But, the doctor's got a new scheme up his sleeve - harnessing the power of the ancient Warp Temple on the island.

The demo currently includes Emerald Hill Act 1 and Sand Shower Act 1 in their current states. Please note that many things may change during development and that this is merely a slice of content that is intended for the final release. Expect more updates soon!
Follow us on Twitter for more information: @sonic2tq
!
P.S. This game doesn't contain Sonic CD styled time travel, it will be part of the plot. As usual, more details coming soon.

Latest reviews

It's good! Faithful, accurate, fun. Sand Shower/Dust Hill/Whatever Sand Zone was fun and also probably the best interpretation of it I've seen to date, with the cactus bomb enemies being a nice surprise, and the giant ring system returning from Sonic 1 was also pretty nice, but aside from that, there's nothing I can really say - Emerald Hill was almost identical to the original, and the differences seem to be intentional things inspired by the prototypes, the game controls like Sonic 2, looks like Sonic 2 and sounds like Sonic 2.
P
plazma_
First of all, I LOVE how they used the Simon Wai title screen. It makes me remember about the Sonic 2 Prototype. Second of all, they made Sand Shower Zone (Dust Hill Zone) and gave Sonic his unused sprites of running/jogging. So those are all my reasons I love Sonic 2 Time Quest!
Okay I'm going to start off with my biggest issue. Please. Add controller support. Playing with a keyboard is such a huge turn off for me. (partly due to carpel tunnel)

Having said that, very faithful Emerald Hill. I love how you added things like the buzz bombers being able to start the bridges on fire. Sand Showers was fun as well. Recreations of Dust Hill are always enjoyable to me. It was kind of like Sandopolis meets Oil Ocean and it worked quite well. I'll look for what you have in the future.
Reactions: Vinicius Jose

Comments

Holy crap. This is my favorite 2d Sonic fangame I have ever played so far. It really just feels like I'm playing Sonic 2. Sand Shower feels like it was never even cut from the game. I've been waiting for this since I first heard about it last year and this demo was worth the wait. Even though it's currently only a demo, I'm really excited to see what comes next for this. 😃

Playing this reminds me of when I played the original when I was 8 years old. in short I like it

I don't understand the point of including Emerald Hill Zone, seemingly totally unmodified from the original. But the other zone is off to a good start with those stone blocks to jump on, a much simpler hold-right-to-win version of Sandopolis as I suppose befits Sonic 2 instead of 3. There are so many unused/unfinished Sonic 2 ideas out there I'm curious to see where this will go next... will running into walls bounce you backwards, for example?

I don't understand the point of including Emerald Hill Zone, seemingly totally unmodified from the original. But the other zone is off to a good start with those stone blocks to jump on, a much simpler hold-right-to-win version of Sandopolis as I suppose befits Sonic 2 instead of 3. There are so many unused/unfinished Sonic 2 ideas out there I'm curious to see where this will go next... will running into walls bounce you backwards, for example?
The reason for why Emerald Hill was included was to showcase how faithfully we could recreate the look and feel of Sonic 2 within the limitations that we had. We are planning to have different unlocks in the game, but the wall bounce from the Nick Arcade prototype isn't planned. Thanks for the feedback

This is one of the BEST Sonic 2 pc fan games ever!😀. Also the prototype stage idea IS GREAT!

Item information

Added by
joshyflip
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.33 star(s) 3 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item