don't click here

BrazSonic 20XX Demo++

General Information

A year has passed since SAGE 2020, a great moment for BrazSonic 20XX to bring the best of Brazil and Sonic to the world. During that time, I've been working hard to finish the project, which in turn demands a lot of things like stages, plot, playable characters.
This year, I intended not to bring the BrazSonic 20XX precisely to focus on the quality of the game, but as the project already has a lot ready to play, I decided at the last minute to release an extended demo, with different phases from the previous version, for the public to play and also keep the BrazSonic hype, even a little late.

What is BrazSonic 20XX?

BrazSonic 20XX is an actual reboot of the BrazSonic series, with no links with any previous games. The reason for this restart is due to the fact that the BrazSonic 1 is already very outdated, and also BrazSonic 2 does not have been succeeded over the last few years.

The game is set in Brazil in the year 20XX (at some time of the 21st century), where the congressman Ivo Corruptnik, who dreams of being President of the country, seeks the Corruption Emeralds to make it true. However, his ambition implies chaos and destruction to the lands and citizens. Then the hero BrazSonic will come into the scene to stop him!

Features
  • Action stages inspired by the original BrazSonic, but with new designs
  • Old characters are back, but even better
  • Assorted Power-ups
  • New and exciting boss battles
  • More challenging 3d Special Stages
  • New game mode: Mission Mode
  • Offline multiplayer mode for 2 to 4 players!
  • Extra and unlockable content to find out!
  • Portuguese, English and Spanish translations
  • Joypad support for PC and Mobile
  • Bindable touch buttons for touch screen mobile mode
  • Windows and Android versions
Download mirrors:
Reactions: Ice and Sternosaur

Comments

I really like the special stages, the first boss feels a little unforgiving, because there's hardly any time to jump on his hand once it comes down, can't be too close or you get smashed by the hand, but can't be close enough because little fireballs come up from both sides, can't be too far because the claw comes up too quickly, just a tad more time before the claw came back up would be enough, it's just annoying atm. Aside from that excellent sprite work, really feels polished!

The first zone didn't excite me but after that I started enjoying myself. It was cool to see the zone gimmicks getting more frequent and elaborate over time. I think a more Sonicy way to implement the lightswitches would be like the ones in Launch Base Zone that open the red&black gates, solidy things mounted onto walls that you bounce off of, but the idea was definitely cool. I'm impressed you were able to make layouts where it was possible for me to remember where to find unlockable doors in a Sonic engine. One thing I'd like to see would be the unlockable characters just being... always available? from the beginning? It's a lot to ask of players of a fangame to put in a lot of work to play the game in the way they might have wanted to play it from the beginning. I also initially had some weird drawing problems where parts of the screen would briefly flash incorrect graphics in triangle shapes but eventually that stopped happening, not sure why.

The first zone didn't excite me but after that I started enjoying myself. It was cool to see the zone gimmicks getting more frequent and elaborate over time. I think a more Sonicy way to implement the lightswitches would be like the ones in Launch Base Zone that open the red&black gates, solidy things mounted onto walls that you bounce off of, but the idea was definitely cool. I'm impressed you were able to make layouts where it was possible for me to remember where to find unlockable doors in a Sonic engine. One thing I'd like to see would be the unlockable characters just being... always available? from the beginning? It's a lot to ask of players of a fangame to put in a lot of work to play the game in the way they might have wanted to play it from the beginning. I also initially had some weird drawing problems where parts of the screen would briefly flash incorrect graphics in triangle shapes but eventually that stopped happening, not sure why.
Thanks for the feedback @Violet CLM . Regarding the graphical glitches, I uploaded these days a new fixed release here, with some settings changes, like the Game Maker vertex process forcing disabled and texture pages size revamped, which probably can fix this annoying issue. If this issue persists, pls let me know 😉.

Last edited:
I really like the special stages, the first boss feels a little unforgiving, because there's hardly any time to jump on his hand once it comes down, can't be too close or you get smashed by the hand, but can't be close enough because little fireballs come up from both sides, can't be too far because the claw comes up too quickly, just a tad more time before the claw came back up would be enough, it's just annoying atm. Aside from that excellent sprite work, really feels polished!
Thanks @Sternosaur , a lot of people complained about this boss, it was really annoying. On these last recent fixes, I made that way less frustrating, slower, and easier to hit. Besides that, there are even more fixes and implementations that I could not deliver on SAGE time.

@Violet CLM regarding these graphical glitches, some people had experienced that, especially on notebooks with onboard graphic cards, it's a Game Maker Studio issue. In order to work around that, I made some tweaks and now it looks working fine, I also tested on my low-end PC. I hope it helps ;)

Item information

Added by
Campers
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Fan Games

More from Campers

Share this item