don't click here

Who Was The Cat? (SAGE 2021 Demo)

General Information

WHO WAS THE CAT? is the spectacular debut of the TELEPATH art collective! Taking influence from such games as Alien Soldier, Stretch Panic and even a little bit of Devil May Cry, WHO WAS THE CAT? an old school fast-paced action run-and-gun with a strong emphasis on boss battles!

Play as Milo the purple one-eyed cat and face off against tough foes that put your dodging and shooting skills to the ultimate test!

The 2021 SAGE Demo lets you face off against one of the planned four bosses. Can you play well enough to obtain the elusive S RANK?

• Support for both GAMEPAD and KEYBOARD controls! (Though PS5 controllers are a bit wonky)
  • TWIN STICK setup allows you to move and shoot independently!
  • Time your dodges perfectly to weave your way through tough-as-nails boss attack patterns!
  • Modern Character Action-style ranking system! Keep up your combo and don't get hit!
CONTROLS
KEYBOARD

WASD - Move
SPACE - Jump
SHIFT/RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON - Dodge
ARROW KEYS - 8-direction shooting
LEFT MOUSE BUTTON - Analog shooting
CTRL - Toggle Auto-Fire
ENTER - Pause
GAMEPAD
D-PAD/LEFT STICK - Move
LB - Jump
RB - Dodge
FACE BUTTONS - 8-direction shooting
RIGHT STICK - Analog shooting
R3 - Toggle Auto-Fire
START - Pause

Latest reviews

This is certainly the most experimental shooter I've seen in SAGE for the past 3 years

pros;

-it's got that abstract style [if you're looking for inspiration I recommend the bizarre worlds of pullei magika madoka]
-funky music with great sound design
-my controller fingers thank you for adding auto shoot mode
-the 3d animation texts before the boss battle is really cool

improvements;
-a binding buttons feature since I get dodge dash and jump confused during moon boss.
-more abstract backgrounds and bosses, the more the better, even use effects on sounds such as reverse, reverb, echo, speed and pitch shift. Audacity is great for that kind of thing.

Overall Please make more of this game! you have such potential and you should keep going further with it!
Reactions: telepath
telepath
telepath
thanks a lot for playing, and for all the complements. We definitely intend to keep working on it, and controller mapping is definitely planned.
Really fun game! Can't wait to see more!
Reactions: telepath
telepath
telepath
thank you for taking the time to play it, it means a lot

Comments

try again softlocks the game

both options do that
uh oh, sorry about that, that's a nasty bug. I think it's because hitting the start/pause button causes the game to unpause and locks it. I can fix it and upload a new version in just a bit

This game was so fun! Got an S rank, and found the little secret! ;) I'm now legit super invested, can't wait to see more!!

My only small critic is that I think the BG doesn't really match the style of the rest of the game and feels a bit generic! But other than that everything feels and looks great!

This game was so fun! Got an S rank, and found the little secret! ;) I'm now legit super invested, can't wait to see more!!

My only small critic is that I think the BG doesn't really match the style of the rest of the game and feels a bit generic! But other than that everything feels and looks great!
thanks a lot for playing enough to S rank it, I'm really happy you enjoyed it.

Item information

Added by
telepath
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

Share this item