don't click here

Switch Girl: Special Rescue Beauty (SAGE '21 Prototype)

General Information

Creatures are being corrupted by a dark nebula over the utopic Kaiya planet. Saturn Lovelise, also known as the Switch Girl, devotes herself to protect the peace and bring love to everyone. A 2D platformer game with puzzle elements.

*An introductory cutscene is pending and might be added during the event.

Controls

Arrows: Movement
Z or S: Kiss
X or D: Jump
C or F: Rainbool
Shift: Shift Kiss
Enter or P: Start

There is controller support, but I have only tested a Xbox 360 controller on Windows

Full version Development progress
8%

Reactions: Ice and telepath

Latest reviews

This was a really fun one to play! short and quick but it does it's task of being fun.

pros;

-sailor moon/80's anime inspired
-fun gameplay
-clean, smooth animations, especially the rainbow circle
-great pixel art, especially the intro cutscene
-you guys put in accurate Japanese for this game? that's dedication

improvements;

-maybe enemies should have a happy animation when they're 'defeated' so it's more visible that enemy is your friend. instead of a simple eye sprite change
-flesh out the NPC characters a little more so that the player can be more connected to them instead of quickly introducing characters and dismissing them

overall you guys did a really good job! hope to see you again next sage!
Reactions: Ice and Switch_Z
Switch_Z
Switch_Z
Thank you so much for the positive feedback!
The first improvement is something a lot of people pointed out. I had some enemies in progress showing more expressivity, but I'm definitely going back to these ones and improve them.
Loved everything about it. The tone, the polished gameplay (I would love to be able to charge while running though), the switch mechanic, the music, and those little side objectives like saving the child under the car. Need exactly 10x more of that.

My only complaint is that pesky shooting dango. Those dudes are ROUGH. The bee move on the last boss feels a little pesky too, do you have to mash to get out before the bees? If so, I'd rather hold a button to handle that.
Reactions: Switch_Z
Switch_Z
Switch_Z
Thank you for your words!
Being able to charge while running was one of the planned changes.
But the only way to escape the honey is by warping or letting it melt.
L
LuckiestMage
Warping! I didn't think of that, that's good.
Thanks!

Comments

What a wholesome game!!! Really awesome switching mechanic and loved the colours!

Loved it!

There only 3 points that I noticed:
- The attack and movement of the shooting enemies are a little faster than Swtch Girl;
- The hula hoop turns black and I was a little confused about it, could be maybe with the same colors but a little opaque;
- Switch Girl's speed needs a little boost up to match the enemies speed.

Over all, your game is amazing and would perfectly match a Mega Drive/Genesis <3

I wasn't expecting to enjo9y myself so much the game mechanics are great and ni loses felt like they were unfair and sprites were really pretty I might have something more to say later

Item information

Added by
Switch_Z
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.50 star(s) 2 ratings

More in Original Games

More from Switch_Z

Share this item