don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Complete Sonic Triple Trouble 16-bit

General Information

What if Sonic Triple Trouble had been originally released on the SEGA Genesis / MegaDrive, after Sonic 3 & Knuckles? This is a fangame re-imagining of the Game Gear game Sonic Triple Trouble in the style of the Genesis Sonic classics. The game adheres to the aesthetic and technical limitations of SEGA's legendary 16-bit hardware, and is made to look & sound as if it came out in mid/late 90's. What if there had been just one more Sonic title on the Genesis?

Fight against Nack The Weasel, Knuckles The Echidna, and Dr. Robotnik! Plus, you can switch between Sonic & Tails at any time!

Character Moves:
Sonic The Hedgehog
- Drop-dash (Hold JUMP in the air)
- Strike dash (aka Peel Out, press UP + JUMP)
- Mid-air curl (press JUMP in mid-air to curl if not already in ball form)

Miles "Tails" Prower
- Tail Flight (Press JUMP repeatedly in air)
- Flight cancel (press DOWN + JUMP)

NEW '23 UPDATE!
1693538177550.png

Celebrate one-year since release with these new features:

- Amy Rose - added as a playable character in FreePlay Mode!
Select from three different movesets for Amy: Origins, Superstars, and S3 Air!
- Super Forms for All Characters! Turn on Super Forms in options (FreePlay Mode only)
- Lives off, Coins on! Option to replace lives with coins ala Sonic Origins.
- Turkish Language Support! The game has wonderfully been translated by Panache!
- Japanese Language Support! The game has wonderfully been translated by 奥村海斗

Latest reviews

I try to play but just get this

of Create Event
for object objLevelController:

Input 5.6.1:
JSON malformed, player 0 verb "Down" should have 3 alternate bindings, but it had 2
############################################################################################
gml_Script___input_error (line 265)
gml_Script_anon___input_class_player_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_player_9134196___input_class_player_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_player (line 318)
gml_Script_anon___input_class_player_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_player_39772220___input_class_player_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_player (line 1097)
gml_Script_input_system_import (line 99)
gml_Script_input_load (line 16)
gml_Script_scr_game_init (line 401)
gml_Object_objLevelController_Create_0 (line 2)

Can anyone help as I loved playing this before.

I still rate it highly though as I have been playing since early releases a few years ago.
A
noahncopeland
noahncopeland
you gotta go to C:\Users\Noah\AppData\Local\Sonic_Triple_Trouble_16_Bit except change "Noah" to whatever your computer is named under
Delete the file named "input.map"
I'm sorry this bug happens sometimes
Seany C
Seany C
Thank you for the fix. I am so happy I can play again.
amazing game my only complaint is the acts where too long everything else is perfect
A very nice recreation of an old sonic game that i never played before.
But now playing it in 16-bit was more "Definitive". Overall 10/10

Comments

this game is literally the perfect fangame and all the (currently) unused music in the files is a treat to listen to once you figure out how to convert it. i would like input remapping but since the game only has 3 buttons its actually not a large issue

Very excellent, and it's a good idea to make a different version like Sonic 1 and 2 on megadrive and master system

The best for a future release would be a sprite a little bit different!!

This is a good, solid implementation of a very respectable goal: more Sonic zones. The formula isn't messed with because it doesn't need to be. There are good gimmicks to help tell the zones apart. The art in the factory zone still looks a bit flat, and there's remarkably little threat throughout from badniks or other obstacles, but otherwise this is fine and enjoyable.

Sonic Triple Trouble 16-bit

SAGE 2023 - Complete  Sonic Triple Trouble 16-bit

DOWNLOAD GAME (GameJolt) What if Sonic Triple Trouble had been originally released on the SEGA Genesis / MegaDrive, after Sonic 3 & Knuckles? This is a fangame re-imagining of the Game Gear game Sonic Triple Trouble in the style of the Genesis Sonic classics. The game adheres to the aesthetic...

I enjoyed this game a lot! Very good but I've been having an issue when loading it up for replays.
ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event

Input:
Binding "axis_negative" not found; binding is corrupted
############################################################################################
gml_Script___input_error (line 273)
gml_Script_anon___input_class_binding_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_binding_298831___input_class_binding_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_binding (line 128)
gml_Script_anon___input_class_player_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_player_749376___input_class_player_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_player (line 280)
gml_Script_anon___input_class_player_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_player_3163599___input_class_player_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_player (line 905)
gml_Script_scr_game_init (line 353)

I enjoyed this game a lot! Very good but I've been having an issue when loading it up for replays.
ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event

Input:
Binding "axis_negative" not found; binding is corrupted
gml_Script___input_error (line 273)
gml_Script_anon___input_class_binding_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_binding_298831___input_class_binding_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_binding (line 128)
gml_Script_anon___input_class_player_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_player_749376___input_class_player_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_player (line 280)
gml_Script_anon___input_class_player_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_player_3163599___input_class_player_gml_GlobalScript___input_class_player (line 905)
gml_Script_scr_game_init (line 353)
Has anyone had this issue and if so, how can I get this fixed?

This game really makes me feel like I'm in the 90's, playing on my Sega Genesis before going to the skate park to do some sick ollies at the half-pipe.

ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event

Attempting to read from outside the buffer, returning 0############################################################################################
gml_Script_load_game (line 54)
gml_Script_scr_game_init (line 76)

Any help?

Just did a Knuckles playthrough because why not. Still a lot of fun, impressive how much variety there is across acts, lovely backgrounds, really solid work.

Item information

Added by
noahncopeland
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.75 star(s) 16 ratings

More in Fan Games

More from noahncopeland

Share this item