don't click here

Sonic and the Elements of Harmony

General Information

ABOUT SONIC AND THE ELEMENTS OF HARMONY

Sonic and the Elements of Harmony, also known as Sonic EOH in short, is a 2D Sonic Fan-game that crosses over with an animated TV series, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, by Lauren Faust and Hasbro Inc. It focuses on both classic and modern gameplay elements of a Sonic game and built-in Game Maker Studio 2.3.

SAGE 2020 DEMO RECAP
- Sonic was the only playable character where Rainbow Dash was a follower
- Ponyville Park was the only playable stage
- In-Game dialogues were featured

STORY

The mad scientist, Dr. Ivo 'Eggman' Robotnik, has concocted a new evil scheme in order to bring his dream of the Eggman Empire into reality. Using an ancient spell created by the great Star Swirl the Bearded, that allows for travel through dimensions, Eggman transports himself to the magical kingdom of Equestria and begins his attempts of conquering the peaceful land and enslaving its inhabitants. Sonic and friends, along with the Chaos Emeralds, are unintentionally pulled into the mix when investigating one of Eggman's abandoned bases. Upon arriving in Equestria, Sonic learns that Eggman has set his sights on harnessing the power of six of this world's most powerful artifacts, the Elements of Harmony, to assist in his tyrannical takeover. However, the bearer of the Element of Magic, Twilight Sparkle, manages to use a spell to scatter the elements all across Equestria in order to keep them out of the doctor's hands. Now, with the help of Twilight and her friends, it is up to Sonic to retrieve the Elements of Harmony and the Chaos Emeralds to send Eggman, and his mysterious new ally, packing once again!

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG
Sonic Char Info.png

BUTTON INPUTS
Sonic Input.png

TWILIGHT SPARKLE
Twilight Char Info.png

BUTTON INPUTS
Twilight Input.png

GAMEPLAY

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic's playstyle is exactly similar to the boost to win series such as Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Generations. When he does his homing ability without targeting an enemy, he has momentum. The blue blur can not only land in the air but can also do tricks similar to Sonic Advance 2.

Twilight Sparkle

Princess Twilight Sparkle, who used to be a unicorn, now as the Princess of Friendship has the advantage to use her magical abilities to boost and shoot sparks. Twilight can also fly with her wings to reach the heights. Her Magic Spark can be charged by holding the D button, as long as the Magic meter is high.

Ranks

The ranks depend on the following:
- Time of finishing the level
- The number of rings
- The number of enemies destroyed

Screenshots and Media

Title Screen.png

Sonic.png

Twilight.png

SOCIAL MEDIA

2-27646_twitter-logo-png-transparent-background-logo-twitter-png.png discord-logo-png-7617.png

Twitter
Discord

We also have a Gamejolt Page!

Comments

Let me start off by saying that I really enjoyed this demo! I’ve always wanted an official Sonic and MLP crossover, and this is probably the closest we’ll get to that. I’d like to give y’all some feedback on this demo. I want this game to be the best it can be.

What do I like?
  • The gameplay. The gameplay is fast and fun. I enjoy the Rush gameplay style, and it’s good to see it return here.
  • The voice cast. The actors do a great job portraying their characters. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy’s actors especially sound close to the official actors. The only one who sounds a bit off is Spike’s actor, IMO.
  • The visuals. The MLP environments look beautiful in this pixel art style. I love the loop-de-loops in Ponyville - it's a perfect combination of the two series. The characters also look wonderful, both in their portraits and in-game.
  • The OST. I really dig the original tracks. The title screen sounds like an anime OP. The stage result screen has a callback to both the MLP theme and the Sonic stage clear theme, which is a nice blend.
What could be changed/improved?
  • The level structure. The stages have long stretches of nothing but a few enemies. In addition, the stages got a little samey for me sometimes. It was difficult to tell where I was in each stage because of a lack of setpieces. I think some added visual landmarks (like trees or unique obstacles/segments) would fix these latter two issues.
  • Twilight’s flight ability. Twilight can fly for far too long, IMO. It’s incredibly easy to skip huge chunks of the level with her flight. Nerfing her flight may be a good idea, as it would bring challenge back to her gameplay. Also, it takes a while to descend once you are ready to land (she’s a little floaty). A quicker descent would be nice.
  • The reused music. I'm assuming that most of the official Sonic music is here as a placeholder. I really liked what I heard of the OST, as I said above. I hope that the stages like Ponyville get their own original tracks.
  • The ground in each level. The ground in each level is plain and has no texture. A texture would be more pleasing to the eye.
Nitpicks lol
  • When Twilight grinds rails, she just sits on them, haha. Maybe y’all could add a different sprite for that?

Overall, I’m super excited to see where this project goes! I can tell it was made by fans of both series.

Item information

Added by
Goken-San92
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item