don't click here

Sonic Solaris: New Beginnings Demo

General Information

updatethumb.png

>> WORLDS UNITE IN A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE! <<

Sonic Solaris is the (soon-to-be) ultimate tribute to the Sonic games of days gone by, brought to life by one overzealous fanboy! Combining the very best elements of both the Classic and Adventure era Sonic games, Sonic Solaris is aiming to be a totally unique 2D Sonic experience.

screenshot3.png

Sonic Solaris features four different playable characters, each with their own unique abilities! Traverse tricky terrain at high speeds and discover secret pathways with Sonic's elemental shields, Drop Dash and Insta-Shield! Decimate all who stand dare to stand in your way with Shadow's Homing Attack and powerful Chaos Blast! Preform awesome acrobatic martial arts with Knuckles' Flaming Uppercut and mighty Punch Dash, and just blow stuff up for no reason with Bean's arsenal of unstable explosives!

screenshot2.png

Currently featuring one SAGE exclusive level and a mini-boss, the completed version of Sonic Solaris will include seven full-length stages, eight bosses, a tutorial area, an expansive hub world, fully-animated sprite cutscenes and an extras menu with cheat codes and a sound test!

screenshot4.png

Other features of the New Beginnings Demo include different invincibility themes and credits sequences for each character, two hidden Red Star Rings to collect, physics-based visual effects like homing Chaos Drives and scraps of destroyed Badniks that bounce on the ground, completely reworked sound effects, and a special secret hidden somewhere in the level. If you find it, take a screenshot and send it to me, and you'll get your name put into the credits of a future demo!
Reactions: Robbie117

Latest reviews

amazing sprite animations also its not too easy or too hard is perfect it doesnt have any bugs and its just an amazing game

Comments

The game has the potential to grow into something great, I enjoyed the demo and the inclusion of Bean as a playable character.

I think there is something wrong with Bean's thrown bomb after he jumps as only when the bomb hits an enemy Bean makes a small jump like he is the one hitting the enemy.

Also, may I suggest to convert the wav files you're using for the soundtrack to .ogg? It will considerably reduce the file size of your project. You could use a free program like Audacity to do so.

The game has the potential to grow into something great, I enjoyed the demo and the inclusion of Bean as a playable character.
Thank you so much! I've always thought of Bean as a character with some seriously untapped potential, so including him here seemed like a no-brainer.

I think there is something wrong with Bean's thrown bomb after he jumps as only when the bomb hits an enemy Bean makes a small jump like he is the one hitting the enemy.
That's intentional! I designed it that way so you can get a little extra air-time after blowing up a Badnik while running at a high speed.

Also, may I suggest to convert the wav files you're using for the soundtrack to .ogg? It will considerably reduce the file size of your project. You could use a free program like Audacity to do so.
Ahah, sorry about that. I'm simply too much of an audiophile to have considered using anything other than .wav! Maybe for future releases I'll make a light-weight mirror upload that uses the .ogg format instead. It's good to have options!

this is just plain amazing its one the best sonic fan game I played that was 2d also ive been trying to work on some sprite animations and I was wondering if you could share with me the file of the sprite animations in the game because they are amazing

Last edited:

Item information

Added by
MangoLaCroix
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games