don't click here

Overview

Download:

Credits
  • Project Lead: Nihil.
  • Main Programming: Nihil, Lighto and YohananDiamond.
  • Programming: Nihil, Lighto, YohananDiamond, Chopp, Dark and Yonatankr.
  • Art: Tyson Tay, joshyflip, Dolphman, Ainand, Yolkin, Tales499, Jeloboi, Grakai, Louplayer and Troopsushi.
  • Level Design: Ainand, Dark, Chopp and Nihil.
  • Music: DJ Vertstyle and Nuclear.
  • Special Thanks: EX64, HezMania, CesarFernandes, Phi, Uppernate and Israel.
Sonic Worlds Content
Damizean, LarkSS, DimensionWarped and Techokami.

Requirements
You need to purchase a legit Clickteam Fusion 2.5+ copy to use it. Make sure to install the most recent version of SDL Joystick, Scope Control and the included shaders to make this works. The latest version is compatible with 292.22 build or higher.

Features
  • 360 Platform Movement
  • Accurate Physics
  • 6 playable characters with their respective abilities
  • Support for gamepad using SDL extension
  • 3D Sound System
  • Options (BGM and SFX volume control, screen size and save system)
  • Act transition system
  • Parallax Scrolling
  • Common stage objects (badniks, springs, monitors, rings, hazards, etc.)
  • Palette shaders
History
Core began development in mid-2019 with the initial aim of correcting Sonic Worlds' inaccuracies and revamping it to the Sonic Mania style. But from the 0.23.0 version we decided to rewrite everything from scratch to make use of the contemporary Fusion features.

We rewrote the same methods as Sonic Worlds in some situations, but with a ton of changes like the improvements to the collision system, sensors, angle detection, visual angle calculation, landing, ceiling landing and physics.

We rewrote a ton of gimmicks and features from Delta into a brand new code, just like every action, rings, monitors, spikes, platforms, bridges, etc. Some things that naturally worked great were adapted from Sonic Worlds Delta, like water tunnels, screw, corkscrew with slight edits, but everything else was written by us.

We can say that versions before 0.23.0 were modifications of Worlds, while versions after that are a fully rewrite.

Terms of Use
  • Credit to everyone who developed this framework. It doesn't matter if you want to credit at the beginning or at the end, just credit us somehow.
  • You can use this framework to develop your own fangames and indies -- as long as you don't use anything protected by copyright in your game (e.g. don't commercialize a game using the Sonic the Hedgehog brand under any circumstances).
  • Don't re-release this framework without permission.
Discord Server
https://discord.gg/hV6nbxwkE7

Latest reviews

Pros: it's everything anyone could ever need for sonic game creation!!
Cons: not much, it's just that why would you take down the old link to core+ because of working on a new update instead of leaving it then releasing the new update???
just amazing. three words: get, this, now.
J
JackieGamerGirl
You need the 2.5+ DLC which is $60 right now. I have the Steam version of Clickteam, so I'm waiting until the next Steam Sale to get it cheaper.
SuperSonic324
SuperSonic324
C
CCCWrkr
Instuctions on installing the framework?
I tried pasting the devkit folders but nothing seemed to change.

Comments

Hi. I loved your engine, but I can't seem to control the game with my keyboard. The direction keys do not work, there is no jump button. But I can do some strange things with some keys, for example, "X" ends the special stage, "3" gives the player 50 rings, "2" increases lifes, "4" changes status of the shields etc. What do you think it could be? Please answer, I'm eager to start my creations in your engine.

Last edited:
Hi. I loved your engine, but I can't seem to control the game with my keyboard. The direction keys do not work, there is no jump button. But I can do some strange things with some keys, for example, "V" ends the special stage, "3" gives the player 50 rings, "2" increases lifes, "4" changes status of the shields etc. What do you think it could be? Please answer, I'm eager to start my creations in your engine.
I just tried with joysticks as well, one XBOX360 Joystick and one generic Dualshock 2. Neither worked. The screen says "press any key", but none key works.

Well, after examining your programming, I found out that every single key that works for me is "hardcoded" in the basic keyboard object, with no interference of the new joystick (SDL) and keyboard extensions. Maybe it is my Fusion Developer 2.5 that is having conflict with them? Maybe I need a more current version of the software? I don't know. I won't give up yet. EDIT: I don't know how, but it started working with Xbox360 joystick (0.11.5). So nevermind about me. I'm hella fine now.

Last edited:
Is the Discord server still up? The link doesn't seem to work. Maybe I could get some help there. (Sorry to flood the topic, I swear it's the last message.)

Hello to all the team. thank you for the work you have done. Can we track and add to your Core Engine software with your collaboration?

Last edited:
Tried to open the most recent version and I get this notice (see attachment). I have Clickteam Fusion Developer 2.5 (got it from a Humble Bundle sale) and this crap is in the way. Plus when I DID load a version that works (or load the executable) I get very little sound despite the music existing.
wtf.PNG

Tried to open the most recent version and I get this notice (see attachment). I have Clickteam Fusion Developer 2.5 (got it from a Humble Bundle sale) and this crap is in the way. Plus when I DID load a version that works (or load the executable) I get very little sound despite the music existing.
View attachment 10514
can I ask how you did get it to work?

EDIT
oh nm... I misread your comment

Last edited:
View attachment 10514

You need Addon+ to run Core Engine

Making a fangame with a lot of ambition behind, I think I'll check your engine out and see what I think.

Item information

Added by
Nihil
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

More in 2D Frameworks

Share this item