don't click here

Sonic Quantum Collision

General Information

Welcome to our built from the ground up Sonic fan game.
It looks Classic, but a little fresher - there's a good reason for that!
This isn't just Classic Sonic, this is Classic Sonic with a brand new pair of sneakers. We aim to bridge the gap between Classic and Modern Sonic, in a way that the likes of Advance and *shudder* Sonic 4 couldn't!

Please not this is just a demo, things are subject to change yada yada, you get the gist I'm sure. We will be improving based on your feedback!
You'll only get to play as True Blue here, but rest assured we got some epic things lined up for the Spin Yellow and Rad Red too!

Featuring:
- Classic Sonic gameplay, tweaked and enhanced
- Intertwining story, each following a character with a unique gameplay and levels (non of which will suck)
- Knuckles has his hat
- Vast and expansive levels to race through, explore and enjoy
- Fresh new visuals and slight redesigns for added awesome
- Knuckles has his hat
- New and intuitive abilities, but without the extra buttons
- New mechanics, items and (good) gimmicks
- Knuckles has his hat
- Amazing pixel art that will make you just want to stop and stare
- An OST to get you banging your head from now until Sonic Riders 4
- Knuckles has his hat
- Knuckles has his hat

Andddd we're live, hope we made it in time, we exist, we have a demo, you should go play it! (Can you find the special stages tho?)
While you're at it, check out our Twitter for more info, goodies, leaks, concept art and showcases!
https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sonic

Sonic_art_1.png Tails.png knuckles_offcl.png Eggman_1c.png MSonic_offcl.png

Latest reviews

its pretty gud 👍
i LOVE the cutscenes, want more of that
sonic feels a little slippery smh, can be a bit scary when on edges or making tight platforming.
ah, platforming: got a few moments where i went "was i suppose to be fast and launch myself up here or is there another way"
one issue i had was the enemies, but this might just be me sucking at the game: sonic either bounces too high or too low, and it can be a bit tricky to bounce from badnik to badnik

special stages can be spammed apparently (was that supposed to happen). if you know all the locations, you can just endlessly play the special stages if you lose. "lost at this one? no worries, go to the other stage. lost that one too? the first one got reset, lets go there again". maybe its cause this game is still not finished, but i had fun abusing it

momentum can be picked back up pretty easily (and i found to be spindashing more than dropdash, unlike how i usually play it)
the rail grinding: it okay. you cant entirely land on it unless its at the start of the rail, which is a bit sad but its fine. got caught aback when running at high speeds and thought i clipped through it

that eggman sprite is lowkey nightmare fuel tho

Knuckles has a hat. 5 stars.
Reactions: flamefire2000
I love the game and everything it entails but how can i use my wired switch controller with it as preesing k when I start the game doesn't work
sonicgamer89O
The game is really amazing and all, but how do I connect a controller
D
Dantober11
where is the download button
Nikostormkilla
Nikostormkilla
go to "downloads" and click the zip file, it should download
S
savameatboy
i have played Sonic Quantum collision over so many years! are you sure?

Comments

I love the sprites of this game, sonic, the badniks, the bosses, eggman looks just fine imo.
the level design is just right as well, not too hard, not too easy.
haven't found the special stage but I'm looking forward to it.

the music and the cutscenes are beautiful!

the level select area also looks nice, even if I didn't think so at first.

the only negative thing I found is that act 2 is a bit laggy,,, but it might just be my laptop.

anyways, great job and keep up the good work! stay safe and healthy

(also, I'm excited about knuckles with his hat lol)

I love the sprites of this game, sonic, the badniks, the bosses, eggman looks just fine imo.
the level design is just right as well, not too hard, not too easy.
haven't found the special stage but I'm looking forward to it.

the music and the cutscenes are beautiful!

the level select area also looks nice, even if I didn't think so at first.

the only negative thing I found is that act 2 is a bit laggy,,, but it might just be my laptop.

anyways, great job and keep up the good work! stay safe and healthy

(also, I'm excited about knuckles with his hat lol)
Thank you very much for trying our Sonic fangame! We are working on optimizing everything, sorry for the inconvenience!

Could you also leave a rating using the button under the title? That would help us a lot.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for trying our Sonic fangame! We are working on optimizing everything, sorry for the inconvenience!

Could you also leave a rating using the button under the title? That would help us a lot.

Thanks!

just rated it five stars! good luck!!

(sorry I didn't know there were rating sksks this is my first time in sage)

It's an honor to work for this fangame. I've been anticipating this fangame long before I worked for the game. It's nice to finally see people getting the chance to play the game.

I love this game's aesthetic and the visual tricks that were used.

Pretty good level design, although I will admit I always get a little nervous when Sonic games make me go left for a long time and I'm not sure if I'm backtracking.

Boss battles were surprisingly unique and challenging. Really dig Eggman's look here.

Overall I would say this game is heading in the right direction. Could be one of my favorites. Keep going, and I hope to see it again next year.

I love this game's aesthetic and the visual tricks that were used.

Pretty good level design, although I will admit I always get a little nervous when Sonic games make me go left for a long time and I'm not sure if I'm backtracking.

Boss battles were surprisingly unique and challenging. Really dig Eggman's look here.

Overall I would say this game is heading in the right direction. Could be one of my favorites. Keep going, and I hope to see it again next year.
Thank you so much for playing our fangame, and thanks for the feedback!

Huh, I liked this. Yes, the levels were a bit open and barren at some points, and some of the collapsing platforms got a bit repetitive, but you're using a sufficiently distinct engine and gameplay style from the usual classic sonic fangame that you get somewhat more leeway to experiment. The various tricks where you weren't quite limited to displaying static sprites on screen were always cute without ever crossing the line into showing off too much, although the code for displaying a shadow behind Sonic on the bricks didn't work perfectly (appeared and disappeared at edges, didn't match shadows of other elements). Using different backgrounds and so on for act 1 vs. act 2 is always a great touch. Switching between the top and bottoms of rails is so silly a gimmick I can't help but enjoy it. There's still room for more depth here, but this is a promising start with a clear willingness to experiment.

Huh, I liked this. Yes, the levels were a bit open and barren at some points, and some of the collapsing platforms got a bit repetitive, but you're using a sufficiently distinct engine and gameplay style from the usual classic sonic fangame that you get somewhat more leeway to experiment. The various tricks where you weren't quite limited to displaying static sprites on screen were always cute without ever crossing the line into showing off too much, although the code for displaying a shadow behind Sonic on the bricks didn't work perfectly (appeared and disappeared at edges, didn't match shadows of other elements). Using different backgrounds and so on for act 1 vs. act 2 is always a great touch. Switching between the top and bottoms of rails is so silly a gimmick I can't help but enjoy it. There's still room for more depth here, but this is a promising start with a clear willingness to experiment.
Thank you for your review of our fangame! We are working on finding an optimal level design and tweaking some things that went wrong with this demo, this is why your feedback matters much. Salutations from the team!

I think the biggest issue I have with this game is that the bosses are too slow-paced: they take too long to attack, and are mostly invulnerable until then. The Act 1 boss is especially annoying, because you can only damage it once each time it attacks. Other than that, this fangame has a lot of potential.

I think the biggest issue I have with this game is that the bosses are too slow-paced: they take too long to attack, and are mostly invulnerable until then. The Act 1 boss is especially annoying, because you can only damage it once each time it attacks. Other than that, this fangame has a lot of potential.

You are more or less right, but if the boss were vulnerable, you would always defeat him in a short time and lose his grace, but what you say seems like a good idea and I respect your opinion

me gusta , es fluido , tiene buenos graficos , y knuckles tiene su sombrero
Я как бы нихрена не говорю по-испански, но все слова настолько популярные, что я понял всё сообщение без сомнений! :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

¡Muchas gracias! El sombrero es lo que más importa :emoji_laughing:
como hicistes las escenas o con que programa las creastes? me lo recomiendas es que hare un fangame con sprites no pixelados porque salio un desastre :v
edit: el sombrero es shido XD

Item information

Added by
Sonic Quantum Collision
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.71 star(s) 14 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games