don't click here

Annalynn (SAGE 2020 Demo)

General Information

Annalynn is an upcoming 2D platformer made in the style of arcade games from the early '80s. Play as Annalynn, the eponymous heroine who has to run, jump, and climb to outwit the four snakes: Randy, Handy, Candy, and Mike. Collect the coins, grab the bonus foods, and turn the tables with blinding rubies! Think you've got what it takes to go for the high score?

The demo contains 6 of the 16 levels that will appear in the full game. The game is scheduled to be released in January 2021.​

Latest reviews

i suck at it but i really like it
so basically its like pac man but cooler
Reactions: Cruise Elroy
This was one of the games I was most excited to play. As a retro gamer, I love everything about this game. You nailed the aesthetic you were going for! The music and even the font give this game that old school charm. If this game was in an arcade cabinet I could have easily assumed it originated from the same era as Pac-Man, Dig-Dug, Donkey Kong, or Mario Bros. I even love the names you gave to the enemies, they all having rhyming names and then there is Mike, an allusion to the enemies from Pac-Man. This game contains quite a few more allusions to classic gaming, which I will not spoil, but are greatly appreciated.

If you want to check this game out and you use Linux, I found that WINE can run it flawlessly.
3rd Original SAGE Game listed out of 77

A great concept for an arcade game. Reminds me of Pac-Man and Mappy, I also love the cute hats on the snakes. I know arcade games are supposed to be hard, but perhaps it's a bit too hard? I feel like the snakes just appear near me unfairly on the first level. But I don't know, that's probably just me. Otherwise, a great game and I'm looking forward to it's full release.
Last edited:

Comments

Damn! This was TIGHT! Feels like a forgotten Mappy-era game, and I'm preeety sure that was intentional. Everything about this game felt authentic.

The music is good, but during gameplay it sounded a little more "Famicom" than "Namco." I think the option to switch the soundfont would be neat, but that's just me being picky.

I wasn't expecting to run into a Pacman fangame today but this was delightful. It's a neat twist giving the player and the snakes different movement rules using the purple platforms and tunnels and things. The graphics do a good job of being just detailed enough to look nice while also not taking away from the focus on the delightfully expressive player sprites. "SNAKE HATS" is the best thing I remember being asked to choose in an options menu in a long time. I'm not sure about the game name, though: it's not very indicative.

Holy Moly! this is a fantastic arcade-styled game. You guys really went out of your way to add charm and freshness but also keep it unique at the same time! Its like Donkey Kong Jr and Pacman combined! that arcade soundfont OST is really good too! No one has captured the arcade ascetic like you guys have! Excellent job!

I'm not sure about the game name, though: it's not very indicative.
Most of the games around this era had simple titles that were usually a word long, and a good chunk of them were named after the main character(s) in the game. That's still a fair point, though.

Glad to see that all of you people have been enjoying the demo thus far!

great game! really captures what made these classic arcade games - from the gameplay to the art to the entire package - it feels just like a 90s arcade cabinet. a little TOO much... this would be super cool as an arcade cabinet, but i dont see this having any longevity as a pc game.

Item information

Added by
Cruise Elroy
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

• Sole Iron Tail
    Slide and charge as fast as you can using your special tail!
  • ChronoVenture
    Overview ChronoVenture is a momentum-based Gameboy-style platformer...
  • AdventNEON
    Action platformer with tons of dashing, smash combos and powerscaling
  • The Great Frebbventure
    An action-platform adventure that combines the best of retro and modern...
  • Skye Revival
    Go through levels and defeat your foes with a wide variety of attacks

Share this item