don't click here

Gamit: The Skyward Voyage

General Information

A game I've been working on for about 2 years or so, I just finished it around the time SAGE released and I'm looking for some feedback to help me moving forward.

I've submitted smaller crappier projects before to small jams, so this'll be the "big bucks" for me, lemme know whacha think:
(Also the rest of this is just a copy-paste from my itch.io, which you can go to, here: https://sushininja05.itch.io/gamit )

-----

Gamit!
AN INCREDIBLE VOYAGE ABOUT THE DISHEVELED OLD MAN, GAMIT, AND HIS CRUSADE TO ANNIHILATE A SKY-BORN NATION.

Plucked from the crust of the earth, the elite of the world decided to break free from the surface. Leaving the surface drought with pollution and disarray. However, there is one, misguided-idiotic-unwashed man, ready to take them down.

Gamit plays as a top-down shooter, pick from 12 varied weapons before you pick a mission to take down. Fight varied enemies in different levels through-out 4 worlds. Tackle goals with a variety of options, fight bosses with varied patterns and counters, and help Gamit destroy the new sky nation.

+ A completely original soundtrack! Courtesy of mikey0929, the lad.

Comments

I checked this out on my stream.

This one has potential, but it has a long way to go. For one, the suicide button being mapped to [R] makes it way too easy to push it by accident. Also, the player kinda sticks on walls. Once an enemy rushes you and your weapon is reloading, your game is pretty much over. I don't think an entire pathway teaching you how to use the bullet-walk mechanic was necessary, either.

I do like the edgy, MS Paint aesthetic, though. I was reminded of Postal 2. I can see this becoming a really engaging top-down shooter with some more polish.

I checked this out on my stream.

This one has potential, but it has a long way to go. For one, the suicide button being mapped to [R] makes it way too easy to push it by accident. Also, the player kinda sticks on walls. Once an enemy rushes you and your weapon is reloading, your game is pretty much over. I don't think an entire pathway teaching you how to use the bullet-walk mechanic was necessary, either.

I do like the edgy, MS Paint aesthetic, though. I was reminded of Postal 2. I can see this becoming a really engaging top-down shooter with some more polish.
I'm really happy to finally get some feedback and I agree with your sentiment.
I've been making stuff in a vacuum and this game got the brunt of development hell for a good while, especially after making it almost completely by myself. The enemies were hard for me to balance and they forcefully taught me how to do a lot of complex things I wasn't comfortable with before this game.

I can't offer much in the way of fixes, as this game is already done, and I don't intend to go back and polish up this mess of an engine. But, I can fix the controls and make the tutorial section less of a hassle (Post-SAGE most likely, there's just too much going on right now). Outside of that it's less of a factor of design and more the engine collapsing in on itself, which I'm okay with for now.

If ya like my stuff, check out my itch.io (I wouldn't play anything cuz they're rough as hell), but it's where I post games first and update things.

Last edited:
I'm really happy to finally get some feedback and I agree with your sentiment.
I've been making stuff in a vacuum and this game got the brunt of development hell for a good while, especially after making it almost completely by myself. The enemies were hard for me to balance and they forcefully taught me how to do a lot of complex things I wasn't comfortable with before this game.

I can't offer much in the way of fixes, as this game is already done, and I don't intend to go back and polish up this mess of an engine. But, I can fix the controls and make the tutorial section less of a hassle (Post-SAGE most likely, there's just too much going on right now). Outside of that it's less of a factor of design and more the engine collapsing in on itself, which I'm okay with for now.

If ya like my stuff, check out my itch.io (I wouldn't play anything cuz they're rough as hell), but it's where I post games first and update things.
That's the trouble with making things in a vacuum, hehe. I'm the same way. I'm confident you'll get better, though.

Item information

Added by
Durdge-o
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

• Sole Iron Tail
    Slide and charge as fast as you can using your special tail!
  • ChronoVenture
    Overview ChronoVenture is a momentum-based Gameboy-style platformer...
  • AdventNEON
    Action platformer with tons of dashing, smash combos and powerscaling
  • The Great Frebbventure
    An action-platform adventure that combines the best of retro and modern...
  • Skye Revival
    Go through levels and defeat your foes with a wide variety of attacks

More from Durdge-o

Share this item