don't click here

David: Get Keen [SAGE 2020 Demo]

General Information

Ya'll better get keen for David: Get Keen!

David and his team of contracted Keens are the last line of defense against the manipulative Tas and her crew of evil henchmans.

David: Get Keen is a super fast 3d platformer, with an old school 3d aesthetic. With adventure like mechanics, you must speed through tunnels, smash through enemies, dodge laser blasts and navigate tough as nails platforming tasks all the way to the end goal, where you'll be graded on your efforts.

This demo contains two playable levels
Reactions: Nahuel Paillapi

Latest reviews

This could be pretty fun with better level design, I spent 5 minutes building up speed in the test stage and it was satisfying to get at a high speed. I love the 90s video game style. I also love the stomp move in this, it doesn't stop your movement so you can carry your speed while staying at high speeds. As I said, the actual first level in this demo could use better level design, it doesn't help that it only takes one hit to get knocked out. If I were to suggest something, it would probably be to add a deflect move, maybe on the spin? It's quite hard to defend yourself against ranged enemies. Might also wanna work on the homing attack, more specifically target the enemy when they're on camera. Other than that, you have something good going here.

Comments

Played this on my stream.

It's quite rough around the edges, and I think controller support should be improved, but I like the style this is going for. With some better level design I could see this feeling right at home with Sonic Adventure, etc. I liked the way David's coat trailed behind him as he ran.

Played this on my stream.

It's quite rough around the edges, and I think controller support should be improved, but I like the style this is going for. With some better level design I could see this feeling right at home with Sonic Adventure, etc. I liked the way David's coat trailed behind him as he ran.
Thanks for the feedback!

On top of those points I've noticed that a lot of players are also having difficulty learning the core game mechanics too, I've been given a lot to work with for the future.

Item information

Added by
The Jazzyman
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

• Sole Iron Tail
    Slide and charge as fast as you can using your special tail!
  • ChronoVenture
    Overview ChronoVenture is a momentum-based Gameboy-style platformer...
  • AdventNEON
    Action platformer with tons of dashing, smash combos and powerscaling
  • The Great Frebbventure
    An action-platform adventure that combines the best of retro and modern...
  • Skye Revival
    Go through levels and defeat your foes with a wide variety of attacks

Share this item