don't click here

SAGE 2020 - Complete Sonic Mania: Boss Rush+

Overview

584400_20200814175526_1.png

Can't get enough of Sonic Mania's boss fights? Want an extra challenge to spice up your next playthrough? Introducing Boss Rush+, a new experience for Sonic Mania that focuses on one aspect: the bosses!
  • Fight the bosses back to back in the order of which they appear!
  • Act transitions have been removed to make things more streamlined. No more falling into pits randomly after clearing each level!
  • See your score and time at the end of the campaign to see how long it took you to get there. Go for a world record!
  • Introducing Maniac Mode! No more rings and no more checkpoints! Can you survive the grueling onslaught?
  • Compatible with Plus and Non-Plus versions of the game!
584400_20200814180120_1.png

FAQ
Q. I don't own Sonic Mania Plus. Can I still play this mod?
A. Seriously? Were you not paying attention just now? Like I said, the mod is fully playable regardless of whether or not you own the Plus DLC. You can access Normal and Maniac mode just fine.

Q. I bought the Origin version of the game. What about that?
A. That unfortunately is not compatible with Boss Rush+. That version runs off of a different update than the regular steam release.

Q. You fucked something up!/I'd like to report a bug!
A. Whoops! You can always report bugs to me in this thread or @Apollyon#1410 on Discord.

Updates

Version 1:
- Initial Release

Version 1.1:
- Removed Checkpoint from PGZ Act 1 as it serves no purpose
- Removed Background objects for MSZ Act 2
- Fixed tiling in MSZ Act 2

Credits

codenamegamma: Disable Cutscenes DLL
Cinossu: Created the original tiles for Sonic @ Sage 2010 that I maniafied for this project.
BPM, Lazuli, Toyboy, and Ggyas: Playtesting
PlasticWizard: monky

Comments

Actually a sick mod, I enjoyed playing it very much, and Maniac mode is Insane to complete, but possible.
I especially love the grid style and colors of Maniac mode, but I wish that certain parts of stages retained that same grid visual treatment, like the walls in Big Squeeze or the Boxes in ShiverSaw, but aside from that this is such a simple mod, and I love it!

Item information

Added by
Apollyon
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Retro Engine

More from Apollyon

Share this item