don't click here

(CANCELLED) Sonic J (SAGE 2019 demo)

Project Overview

This game sucks don't play it.
This version is outdated. For the latest versions, refer to the SAGE 2021 release or the GameJolt page.
https://gamejolt.com/games/sonic_j/261887
https://sonicfangameshq.com/forums/showcase/sonic-j.997/
Sonic_J_qNlnatWrwH.png

Sonic J is a Sonic The Hedgehog based Work-In-Progress fan-made game made by jean_tha_n00b (me) and has the purpose of being an unofficial sequel to the classic game, Sonic & Knuckles.

It currently consists of two playable levels which are the Tutorial and Jex Island Act 1, with two playable characters:

Sonic the Hedgehog,
Runner_Rnono3fRIq.png

and Miles "Tails" Prower.
Runner_C2jTYollN2.png

Sonic can run at really high speeds which is ideal for fast gameplay but is harder to control. However, Tails runs at slower speeds but is easier to control and has the ability to fly using his two tails. Choose the character that suits you better!

Instructions, controls, and more info are in the .txt file.

Please do NOT request any abilities/levels/features/characters/or whatsoever for the game. I already have all of my plans ready, I do not need that much help and focusing on the requests will only delay the game.

Sonic the Hedgehog is owned by SEGA. I do not own the franchise as I am not affiliated with SEGA and Sonic Team. This is a non-profit fan game and it should not be sold. No copyright infringement is intended by any means.

By the way, if you ever happen to try the game, why not rate it and comment about what you think about it? It would be greatly appreciated :emoji_smile:
GameJolt Link: https://gamejolt.com/games/sonic_j/261887
The Android version can be downloaded over there, and previews and screenshots can be viewed there too.

Bonus Content

Right after Dr. Robotnik's defeat, Sonic and Tails were finally able to rest. Sonic left the chaos emeralds away because they became useless and goes back to South Island, Tails goes back to West Side Island, and Dr. Robotnik's schemes were finally stopped. But that doesn't mean Dr. Robotnik himself gave up! Two days after his defeat, he travels over Angel Island to discover what his radars have detected. What was under Angel Island was another island, under the name of Jex Island. A very mysterious island, teleported out of nowhere, while no one knew how it got there, why, and what it actually is. He knew he went there for a reason, and that is the MASSIVE energy it possessed! He studied about the islands and came up with a master plan. He conquered the island by absorbing all of its energy to power up his robots and his ultimate weapon. He didn't care less about the SOURCE of the energy, which is the mysterious Jex gem, a very powerful crystal capable of providing great energy and anyone getting their hands on it will be able to totally control it, meaning they can do whatever they could wanted. Then, he will steal the master emerald to make Angel Island fall into Jex Island, leaving both islands destroyed. With the Jex power and the Master Emerald's power, he thought he could be unstoppable. His plan was being executed with success. He fully conquered the island and is powering up his weapon. It was after six months that Sonic and Tails meet again and went to Jex Island to stop Dr. Robotnik.

Credits

SPRITES/ARTWORK

Sprites are made by SEGA and/or Sonic Team. Here are people who ripped them and also made custom sprites.

Facundo gomez, Frario, Hivebrain, Techokami, Triangly, Dolphman, Divine Incest, Random Talking Bush, and myself for some sprite rips.
Menu assets: B0M
Most of the sprites used in the game are also edited/made by me!

SPECIAL THANKS

-B0M (Without him, Sonic J wouldn't have been what it is today!)
-Kubase123 (My first real friend I met on the internet who has supported the game!)
-MagicManiac (For contributing to the project!)
-HugoLepe (Creator of Sonic H)
-Rayuko (For contributing to the project!)
-All of my friends who contributed and supported me
-SEGA for being supportive to the fan game community and let it grow
-And YOU for playing! (well if you did.)

Comments

Apparently there is an official Sonic game for Motorola called Sonic J, but I'm not sure if it was just announced and then cancelled or it was an actual Sonic game.

Apparently there is an official Sonic game for Motorola called Sonic J, but I'm not sure if it was just announced and then cancelled or it was an actual Sonic game.
I am aware of that. I still have no idea about what could it actually be though. I mean, I thought of naming my fan game like that because I couldn't think of any other original name and I also thought naming it after my name could be cool ._.

So I have a problem. When I boot up Sonic J I only see a black screen. How do i fix this?

So I have a problem. When I boot up Sonic J I only see a black screen. How do i fix this?
This is the first time I get reported an issue like this. Did you try launching any other game made with GameMaker Studio 1.4 to see if the same problem happens?

This is the first time I get reported an issue like this. Did you try launching any other game made with GameMaker Studio 1.4 to see if the same problem happens?
I played another game made with GameMaker Studio 1.4 and the same problem did not happen

Item information

Added by
jtn00b
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in SAGE 2019 [Archive]

More from jtn00b

Share this item